Storm Commando Helmet Build...

Fivezero

Fivezero = bored.

I'm in a kind of waiting phase with my other projects (spending too much on MG-34 parts...), so I'll build a cheap Storm Commando Helmet while I wait. Perhaps I'll make the rest of the armor later, but now I'm just doing the helmet real quick.

So I'm starting off with a Pepakura model of the Scout Trooper bucket (it's the SWG model, so it's a little bit off...). And with the cardstock I should be able to easily cut away and add material to help get the shape of the helmet. So here's a pic.

DSCF0003.jpg

Pretty much, I'm going to square everything (visor, dome, face, etc.) and add the necessary details for the Storm Commando bucket. I'll keep you guys updated.

Fivezero

:D

Well I did some messing around while at work last night. I have decided to just make a brand new helmet rather than mod this one. So I set about to make my first 3D model ever! Here's a pic of it in progress:

StormProgress-1.png

So I'll get this thing pepped in the next couple days then start adding the details to it. :D

And the pepping is underway. I still need to make up and attach the dome but I'll do that tomorrow, I'm burned out for today, Pepakura decided to split and divide up every face so it was a bit of a puzzle putting it together and spent too much time putting it together. But I do like this base a lot better than the standard Scout helmet. Here's a pic.

DSCF0004.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And the pepping is underway. I still need to make up and attach the dome but I'll do that tomorrow, I'm burned out for today, Pepakura decided to split and divide up every face so it was a bit of a puzzle putting it together and spent too much time putting it together. But I do like this base a lot better than the standard Scout helmet. Here's a pic.

DSCF0004.jpg

looking forward to seeing more of this one day.