Shadow Stormtrooper build

Holster, Drop boxes, Right thigh ammo belt. You're almost there. Those are all very easy adds. Kit looks tremendous! :ShadowStorm:

just a quick recommendation. your thigh straps are coming from right below the last ammo box on your belt. that's where the drop boxes need to hang from. So you might want to move them in a tad. :thumbsup:

Thanks Jim.

Okay the kit came pre trimmed with the strapping already cut and it also had the snaps applied to the pieces of strapping.

The shoulder straps came trimmed with a thin piece of ABS glued on the inside then covered with velcro. The snap was also centered and glued in place on the strap. What i did was remove a slight piece of the velcro and fixed it in place on the chest piece using E6000 and left the back piece free floating. I applied some velcro to the back piece which then enables me to secure it when wearing the armour, when i am finished wearing it i just seperate the back from the front which makes it easy for storage.

I think the thin piece of ABS glued on the inside of the shoulder strap is the key as it keeps it all nice and rigid and solid and will probably put less stress on the shoulder parts.

2012-02-02135333.jpg

Inside of shoulder strap attached to the chest piece

2012-02-02135423.jpg

Front and rear pieces seperated.

Hope this helps Jim.

Thanks, that does help me with my plans.

I did my AP-TK armor with the straps glued in the front, and elastic on the underside with thin elastic straps that allow the free-float back to lay flat. This FX armor does not come together as nicely and the former owner used Velcro. He added WAY too much glue to the Velcro and it's gooped all over. I'm in the process of using "Goof-off" to remove nasty stuff on the front and back parts. Yuk. :)

Thanks again for sharing this build. Great job!

i really like your the way your chest and back were put together.

ive been reading alot of how to's and when i get my kit i plan on doing the way you have here.

also gives me idea for putting hidden compartments in my Armour for storage of keys.

and maybe a camel pack for water. with a hidden hose to the chest which you can pull out for a quick sip of water.

The biceps could probably be dropped a bit. Also I'm a bit concerned with how baggy the arms of your shirt are. You should probably get a compression fit shirt that won't be baggy between the biceps and forearms. Other than those two things, sees to be a great looking kit!

-iz

Thanks Guys, Izzi the undersuit is one of those elastic type which is a 1 piece with a zipper in the middle. The arms are fairly long in it and need to have about 6 inches chopped from the ends. It was supplied with the kit and the only reason why i have worn it because in photo's it looks black not blue like my other 2 sets of under armour i have. i will need to raise the forearms a bit higher which will close that gap more and make it look better.

you could try rolling up the wrist area a little. That might tighten the arm up more. That's what I have to do with my pants. Your forearms are rolling around to the back some also. You can put some foam on the inside to make sure they stay flush against your arm and don't turn like that. minor things, but your build looks great! Can't wait to see trooping pics! :)

you could try rolling up the wrist area a little. That might tighten the arm up more. That's what I have to do with my pants. Your forearms are rolling around to the back some also. You can put some foam on the inside to make sure they stay flush against your arm and don't turn like that. minor things, but your build looks great! Can't wait to see trooping pics! :)

I think i will just cut off the ends and sew some velcro wrap around material on the ends. The forearms are my fault for not putting them on straight , these are a tight fit compared to my AM kit so i just need to swivel them around abit, i wouldn't be able to put foam in them as there is barely room for my arm.

Thanks Jim i kinda like it myself.

Okay did some adjustments and took a few more pics.

DSCN2080.jpg

changed the undersuit and corrected the forearms.

DSCN2076.jpg

DSCN2075.jpg

And of course had the opportunity for another pose :)

DSCN2084.jpg

The suit doesn't have the baggy arms anymore so that looks good. You need to have the forearms back where they were before so they cover the wrist and maybe lower the biceps a bit. But it's probably good as is for approval. :thumbsup:

-iz

Looks great!! :woot: in the above pic where you're standing backwards. The left arm has the forearm correct, and the right harm has it turned to the back. Then in the most recent pic they are both turned to the back. Like iz said, nothing that would hold up approval, just try to keep them a little more forward. You'll probably have to adjust them a couple times while trooping anyway.

Thanks for the input everyone.

You should receive some pics coming your way from our CO aka '"Badboy"' as our GML is on annual leave.

I will have to get some very thin foam later on and put some in the forearms.

I am happy how it turned out and i didn't have to many drama's with the build.

Next question is what do i build next :NovaTrooper:<_<

• 4 weeks later...