New and Eager

Hello,

I hope I posted this in the correct thread but I have never constructed an armor set before and I have decided that my first has to be a Shadow Trooper (EPIC). I am very eager to get this started and I have plenty of time to spare. I have done a bit of research and if i have read correctly their are some good links to where i can obtain boots and lens. I am at a loss though when it comes to obtaining a kit, and how to go from their. I noticed the video tutorials and I am excited for those, but if I could get a push (shove works too) in the right direction I would be most grateful. Thank you,

Hades

Sweet! SLC? Have we met, yet? Be sure to visit alpinegarrison.com if you haven't yet. If you have signed up, then what's your board handle on Alpine? I can definately help you get going. It'll give me an excuse to pull out the boxes of armor I need to finish anyway.

-iz

Well hey, tell us a bit about you! What inspired you to be a Shadow Stormtrooper? Also I should be holding a little cross-club armor build planning party in the next few weeks, It'll be on a Thursday evening. I'll be sure to let you know when I have it figured out.

-iz

Sounds Great. Well I have lived in Utah all my life and Have been running my own franchise for 6 years now. I have had this passion for Star Wars since the fifth grade when I saw the promos for Phantom and I pursued after New Hope, Empire, and Jedi. After watching the three for a first time I was never the same. Shadow Stormtroopers were not my Favorite until I played Jedi Outcast. I was sold to the look. I searched everywhere for some type of costume (be cheap or not) but no luck. I learned of the 501st, the requirements, and now possibility of making my own. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Thanks for helping me thus far, all day at work I am on my phone either instantly replying posts are looking at how to videos. Thanks again

Option Uno, I forgot they looked like that in Jedi Outcast. I just busted mine out and took a look to verify lol. But I forgot that there are Blackhole(Shadow) Stormtroopers and Shadowtroopers. Need to recharge the memory banks. Yah, its the Black\hole Stormtrooper I want.. Can't believe I dropped the ball on that.

Right on, thanks for the contact info. One more thing, the PVC pipe being used. Is it the thinner PVC pipe or the thick PVC pipe? I know the standard PVC pipe is SCH40/80 but there is a thinner pipe SCHEDULE 200. I notice in the tutorial that after the holes are drilled and clean you can see it is a thin pipe. But I see others post about the thicker. Is there a preference or have i lost everyone? Lol i just want to make sure, mainly because in Utah, SCHEDULE 200 is almost rare. To get some I have to order a 20' stick. Very cheap though