Black to Silver Lens

Hey guys, first off I believe this is my first post. I have been around for a while just checking in now and then. Had a troop last Saturday to promote the movie and fellow member Recommended the Silver lens. So I shot Blackhole a message asking him about it and he told me about AFX Fast Shield, so I got a large silver mirror off eBay the 14th and got it Saturday only a meer 4 days later. I bought the shield from rhyamaha <--Link to eBay

Top notch stuff, I first off Cut the lens in Half and trimmed it down a bit and Glued them in place. Turned out awesome.

Now for some pictures :D

Sorry guys I know it is a FX helmet, I wear glasses so it works out for me :)

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6897.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg

IMG_6941.jpg

Thanks for posting and for the link to the ebay site.

Good looking swap out ... And FX helmet or not ... Gotta admit you keep your bucket nice and polished!

Really looks good!

Since you decided to go with the mirrored lens, a silver paint paint would probably look better on the frown IMHO.

Here's kind of a gray vs silver comparison back when I built my FX.

DSCI0051.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

If you decide to do this, you can use goo gone to get the current paint off and it won't damage your bucket.

Just regular Rustoleum Metallic Finish is what I used.

I really think you'll like the difference.

The gray looks fine with smoke lenses but a silver frown really looks great with the mirrored lenses.

When it was finished

DSCF1507-1.jpg

Yes I sprayed it. Used painters tape to lay down the outline and you need to make sure the main line is pressed down nice and firm so there's no paint leak. just basically used news paper to cover the rest of the bucket. If you get any over spray anywhere on the bucket, you can use rubbing alcohol to wipe it off.

you'll want to lightly sand the frown parts to be painted so it sticks better. or use a primer.

Yes I sprayed it. Used painters tape to lay down the outline and you need to make sure the main line is pressed down nice and firm so there's no paint leak. just basically used news paper to cover the rest of the bucket. If you get any over spray anywhere on the bucket, you can use rubbing alcohol to wipe it off.

Ill have to think about it. Does look good, but then I would want to paint the chin also XD