Evilboy's first Build: Shadow Stormtrooper Build WIP

So this has been slow going...but I have gotten the arms and legs sections glued...and I have some of the body work done. I am trying to get everything to fit right and get all the snaps in to place... here are some quickie pics i took of the main body...I know the lighting sucks, and the mirror is filthy...

7401136734_0f8fca407d_c.jpg

7401138018_32a3aff3a8_c.jpg7401138618_7399a4d983_c.jpg

7401139512_e75f508f92_c.jpg

Yeah, I put it on right after these, but my phone was dead. I will take some more pics later. I am also going to a friends house on Thursday for some assistance in final fitting...

I don't know who Albin is, but someone told me I look like Jaimie Hyneman from Mythbusters...

Albin is the founder of the 501st Legion. And, you do sort of look like Jaimie. You must be a genius too. ;)

Albin had a very sick child ( i don't remember what it was leukemia or something like that), he wanted to do something for the kids like his, so he founded 501st Legion initially only for stormtroopers. Of course with the permission of G. Lucas, from thistime legion has the right to use the names of holders and is non-profit organization.

AH. I knew all of that except that his name was Albin...and now I know, and knowing is half the battle...So our "secret question" would be, 'Are you a friend of Albin"...like AA uses "Friend of Bill"...

Armor Party went well. The glue on my thighs is setting, and I just need to pick up some elastic strapping at Michael's or AC Moore tomorrow...Pics to come soon

• 2 weeks later...

So here are some (VERY) rough pics of my first full fitting...I know i am missing the left shin: the glue was still drying on the sniper plate. Also, the chest is sitting high, and I need to figure out an adjustment for that...

7483335328_d40ed3c9cb.jpg7483335448_96cc7b2fd9_z.jpg7483335512_01dfc19512_z.jpg7483335636_7eb07145e7_b.jpg

And here I am holding the chest plate lower...

7483335234_ef681c69da.jpg

so...?

looks good. Try attaching a piece of elastic to the inside of the ab to the chest to pull it down. Also make sure you attach elastic between the chest and back under your arms on each side.

You have done a great job Jon! The chest/back kind of sit like a "clam shell" with this armor. I agree with Nick and you could use that method to keep it closer together. It really comes down to how it sits on your shoulders and covers the ab/kidney parts too. I recently revamped mine and went with elastic on the inside of the chest/back so it could stretch when I put it on, but it sits closer around my neck. This gives me a tighter fit and pulls it together more down below.

IMG_3587b.jpg

IMG_3583b.jpg