Magma-izzi

My build thread brought over from the old boards. My Favorite line in the old thread was:

It was white,........ he dyed it with the blood of defeated rebels. B)
Isn't that the only way to get red?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't had time to do much lately. I did get a chance to slap a new coat of paint on the Nova earlier today, so I'll post pics up of that later.

138 wanted me to keep everyone posted on my Magma now that I've finally paid it off and have it, I guess I'd better start posting.

Here are all the LFL references I can find on the board. What I can't discern from these I'll have to reference the current Magmas that have been accepted in the Legion.

ResizeofLumiya_Galaxies_03_01-02_cr.jpg

13350440.jpg

Now this armor actually looks pretty rough. I guess being kept in a box and moved around can cause some wear. Luckily it looks like all it'll need is a little bit of novus and it should polish up nicely.

The helmet. (Duh!) This was pretty much put together already. I did have to drill out and file the teeth. It's just waiting to get the chin, lenses and mouth mesh.

DSCF1229.jpg

Armor came with this. It like it cause it's red! But... It's only normal velcro, so that's going away quick and being replaced by black industrial hopefully that will work without showing up to hard.

DSCF1233.jpg

The actual armor. Guess this was partially assembled because that silly red velcro was super-glued all over it. So that was the first thing to go. Now I just have to take some goo gone to it to get the remainder of the adhesive off then it's industrial velcro on some parts and E-6000 on the others. I'm very happy it had the plastic belt pieces because the thighs on this seem a bit small. They may have been trimmed, or all those squats are paying off! :D I'll make a leather belt and dye it red to replace the plastic.

DSCF1236.jpg

Boots! They're red already so I'm going to keep these and it'll save me some trouble. They're long enough, but not quite wide enough, so I'm hoping they will stretch.

DSCF1232.jpg

So here's the start of another TX.

-iz

Okay, I did a bit. Glue, velcro, cut the butt from the kidney and the cod from the ab plate. Also cut the leather I'm going to use for the belt.

DSCF1422.jpg

And now the reason i need to cut a belt. The thighs were way to small, so I had to cut up the belt and make something to extend the back.

DSCF1425.jpg

-iz

Still working on this. Slowly but steadily. Took apart and rebuilt the thermal to repaint the gray and add some custom clips instead of using velcro.

Any other future Magmas making progress?

-iz

DSCF1484.jpg

Still working on this... Pounded some snaps and am going to start gluing them in place between to night and tomorrow. Then it's just a matter of cutting the rigging and polishing it all up.

DSCF1486.jpg

-iz

I was able to work a bit more on it... All I have left now is the suspenders.

My chest of finished parts:

DSCF1519.jpg

The Ab plate which is drying and sitting at a funky angle:

DSCF1517.jpg

I haven't actually tried any of the parts on yet; I'm working with my other armor as a reference, so I hope it fits all right. I guess I'll find out soon.

-iz

• 2 weeks later...

Uffff.

How hard is it to get ones hand on one of those?

I am budgeting for my next costume, and one for my son, and Red has my attention as a possibility.

It looks awesome! B)

Very. Mine was a stroke of luck, honestly. Now Splattum owns it. They were a limited run pulled in 2000 I think, so besides picking up one used, you can't get one at the moment. However, as Spec Ops members have been very successful in painting armor black and gold, I'm sure you could do the same with red.

-iz

Very. Mine was a stroke of luck, honestly. Now Splattum owns it. They were a limited run pulled in 2000 I think, so besides picking up one used, you can't get one at the moment. However, as Spec Ops members have been very successful in painting armor black and gold, I'm sure you could do the same with red.

-iz

i soo love that !!! if i get a night on here with some serious time blink.gifim gonna put up our relay for life -my fisrt and toms in our tx's

i in my shadow and he in his rockin magma ... i was so jelous the whole day laugh.gif

hopefully he will find his way over here i will send him the new link ..

This link ( http://www.michaelbernhardt.com/501st-Photo-Library/Caldwell-Library-July-21st/13026122_MPWjE#943179548_YdZ8f ) has a few pictures of a Magmatrooper that looks like a set of regular armor painted red (I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me). I think it looks really good. I'm guessing it's not as translucent as a set of armor originally pulled in red ABS.

Once there's a body inside the armor you can't really see a big difference though. If you put this set of armor next to mine you might notice a different finish and maybe a different shade of red if the color didn't exactly match. Color matching would probably be the most difficult part.

-Splat

This link ( http://www.michaelbe...943179548_YdZ8f ) has a few pictures of a Magmatrooper that looks like a set of regular armor painted red (I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me). I think it looks really good. I'm guessing it's not as translucent as a set of armor originally pulled in red ABS.

Once there's a body inside the armor you can't really see a big difference though. If you put this set of armor next to mine you might notice a different finish and maybe a different shade of red if the color didn't exactly match. Color matching would probably be the most difficult part.

-Splat

Oh that's definitely painted. You can tell by the way the light reflects off of it. Very nice looking though.

Oh that's definitely painted. You can tell by the way the light reflects off of it. Very nice looking though.

Still verry sweet .. On my phone it looks a tad dark .. But still well done ... My only thing is god forbid you get something or somebody pushed against the paint ? Auto paint and a nice clear you may be ok but krylon is iffy.. I have white marks from another tk or something behind me marks (possible photos?? ) So I'm assuming somebody has black marks ??

And that's abs on abs .. !