Pauldron construction

9 members have voted

1. 1. Build Pauldron for my TX

• Yes
    • No

Essentially the the poll question, wondering if I should build a pauldron for my TX kit. Granted I may not officially be able to wear it, but I feel it would be a fun part to include on my TX. I do understand it is optional from looking here and I was just wondering of two things. One should I build it,and two where would be so good reference materials and tutorials for building them if they are out there.

My 2 cents would be to get a paulderon (built or bought). I've seen other special ops / Black Hole folk with a pauldeon and then with their garrison patches attached/velco-ed to it - it looked pretty good.

According the the LMO a Black Pauldron is a CANON accessory for the Blackhole troopers. I need to dig up the references and get them posted. If your garrison has a problem with it, they'll need to take it up with the LMO.

-iz

Yeah, posted this on my Garrison *NEG* as well just to cover my bases before hand, and they said it wasn't cannon or acceptable on the TX for membership. Hmm. I'll have to talk with them in a little bit about it once I see those pictures you put up since they may want others.

They're up in the Reference thread. The LMO announced it as well when the last Magma was approved. Have your GML contact me if he needs to and I'll point him to the LMOs post.

Until early this year pauldrons were considered custom accessories, so I wouldn't expect your GML to have really heard of the change.

-iz

Thanks and reported back to my garrison. Luckily I know our CO a little and he was the one who answered my question originally, so I posted back in there pointing him here. Hopefully he will get in touch shortly. It would be nice to be the first in my Garrison to troop with one, though I can understand the reasoning behind not really allowing them heh.

I have posted a link through the NEG garrison to this forum to have them take a look at it, Izzi, if need be could you pm me your email so that I could pass it along to them if that is all right with you as well since you know where to find the confirmation that the black pauldron is in fact canon on a shadow/blackhole trooper. Thanks.

I have posted a link through the NEG garrison to this forum to have them take a look at it, Izzi, if need be could you pm me your email so that I could pass it along to them if that is all right with you as well since you know where to find the confirmation that the black pauldron is in fact canon on a shadow/blackhole trooper. Thanks.

I'll be honest, I don't check my email often, but they can reach me via pm on the Legion boards. I'm izzi, the same as here.

-iz

Indeed. It will happen that can be sure. Our CO said he was impressed that I did my research into which is nice, although all I did was read and then ask a question. Heh, in any case, is there any set standard for length, and what is allowed on them, if anything?

Edit:

Also TX kit arrived at my family's home in NH today, now it just needs to be shipped to my dorm room.

• 2 weeks later...