Shade's Build Thread

Shade

Looks like Christmas came early today! Got a package in the mail from Scootch and excitement doesn't even describe how I feel, haha :D I still need to exchange a couple thing (that I bought and decided not to use :rolleyes: ) I had a shirt to use for the undersuit, but, I might just end up getting the eastbay stuff since it's got a good deal going, and most troops for me will probably be scorching.

5l7P8.jpg

Z5bG9.jpg

QOeV8.jpg

nIIfj.jpg

u26PI.jpg

NPk2s.jpg

Update: Worked on fine trimming the pieces some and getting the helmet assembled. Also, took a nice burn from some hot glue I used on something else :\

Here's a clamp closing a huge gap

ZpDdA.jpg

Close up of helmet

g5BGO.jpg

The mess in the den :teehee:

upD1H.jpg

Update: Getting close to being done with a lot of the "major" trimming. Still have work to do on the thighs, greaves, and forearms. Other than that, most pieces are ready to either start glueing or painting. Do most people glue than paint? or just glue parts together and glue strapping after painting?

Here's the helmet as of now

EqfTw.jpg

The new condensed mess

WtEeL.jpg

Not sure whether or not to try and fix this or just round out the back of all of the greaves pieces. Might even make for more mobility? Thoughts on what to do?

h79sV.jpg

Should I just put a little epoxy putty here to reinforce this part?

MyLd8.jpg

And on this part- should I just use a heat gun and flatten it out?

SP5pN.jpg

Also wasn't sure on how much more, if any, I should trim of the bottom of chest piece.

oH8N5.jpg

Heat gun again I guess?

tEjfI.jpg

Gluing biceps right now

oOrfs.jpg

lWfh0.jpg

Getting back pack stuff together (not everything in here yet, lol) going pretty loose on interpretation, but trying to stay as close as I can :teehee:

10cFt.jpg

And the radio I'm working on (still got a ways to go here)

YlL9k.jpg

Armor all over the livingroom floor.....as it should be. B)

I ordered the Eastbay top and bottoms. They're not bad. Their sizing chart is pretty accurate. Also, the Eastbay painted on logo is easy to scratch off.

Armor all over the livingroom floor.....as it should be. B)

I ordered the Eastbay top and bottoms. They're not bad. Their sizing chart is pretty accurate. Also, the Eastbay painted on logo is easy to scratch off.

Love putting everything together :D I think I am going to go with the shirt I already have, I thinks it's a Starter moisture wicking one and order a pair of Eastbay pants.

Still need to get some pouches, acceptable shoes, pauldron, and some parts for the backpack.

Here's how the parts are coming along for the pack, I have the pvc for the frame, side tube, and 5 smaller sections out in the garage.

18Hr7.jpg

Here's a close-up of how the radio is coming

xj14u.jpg

Update time (pic heavy, haha):

Worked with the heat gun on a bunch of pieces to shape them a little better where they were a bit flared out and whatnot.

JxA9T.jpg

Started gluing a strip on the inside of the shin pieces

1HYuU.jpg

Had to get a little crafty when I ran out of clamps :teehee:

sydeU.jpg

Both biceps glued together

z5x20.jpg

Bent the belt

TuBZU.jpg

Also bent the ammo belt

Wbrcx.jpg

Sanded primed and painted the helmet...

UedFZ.jpg

ztHtW.jpg

4Iax3.jpg

vC5l6.jpg

And what it looks like right now..

8pbvj.jpg

H3HSk.jpg

I am kinda frustrated at the back- it still has this pebbly dull looking finish for some reason. The front looks OK to me, but I might need some tips or advice on how to make the back look smoother and shinier :/

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, I had the hardest time painting the bucket on my own. After may failed attempts, I went to a number of garages until I found one that would paint it for reasonable enough price. They are using auto paint with the gloss sealer, it looked great. Then I went and ruined the bucket, but that was unrelated to the painting...

• 1 year later...