izzi's Shadow Scout / Storm Commando

izzi

Yes, I'm pulling this over from the other boards too... after all I STILL NEED TO FINISH IT! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

----------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I found this pretty cheap on eBay the other day, and it finally came in. It is SC black ABS armor.

DSCF1662.jpg

I got it for about $200 less than SC sells them new and it has a cummerbund that may fit me, and a jumpsuit that definitely makes me sing soprano when I try to put it on, so that's got to go.

On top of that, for some odd reason large pieces of all the corners were cut off the shoulder bells. SC is actually working with me to acquire new ones (Might be painted white ones though) and these will probably go towards the Shadow Guard project, so all is not lost.

But of course, I'm not going to stop there. I'm going to get this together then like the Nova, I'm planning on making the custom parts for an actual WEG Storm Commando and just be able to swap out pieces between the two. It'll be fun. This time I'll need to build the shins and forearms from scratch. Probably a mix of Sintra and Fiberglass. Then I'll need an extra faceplate and visor/blinder if not a whole new helmet and rip it apart to mod it for the the right look.

This'll probably be a thread that's a bit slow on updates, as I'll need to order an undersuit that fits first to size the straps and... I have a few other projects going on... Like a GNK droid, S. Guard, and the Basic Nova design, and a TIE for my friend in VA who's going to Celebration. :D

Too much armor, too little time.

-iz

Okay, I did some stuff on this today!

I started cutting this up and heating and shaping until I got bored today. This is the extra faceplate I'm trying to mold into a shadow scout. Nowhere near done, but it's a start.

DSCF1718.jpg

Attached the tank today. Yay! Most of the pieces have velcro on them that need it. I still need to sew the rigging.

DSCF1717.jpg

I also cut a hole in the back of the tank. Going to experiment with making a pocket back there to hold items.

DSCF1726.jpg

It's moving, slowly, but moving.

-iz

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Izzi, what kind of mesh did you use for the air intakes for your helmet, and where did you get it? It looks pretty good with that helmet and I'd like to do the same for my SC-SS that I'm working on.

Hey Izzi, what kind of mesh did you use for the air intakes for your helmet, and where did you get it? It looks pretty good with that helmet and I'd like to do the same for my SC-SS that I'm working on.

It's some sort of pet screen or something I bought from the hardware store. You buy it in large rolls, so if you'd like some, PM me your address and I can toss a piece in an envelope for you.

-iz

It's some sort of pet screen or something I bought from the hardware store. You buy it in large rolls, so if you'd like some, PM me your address and I can toss a piece in an envelope for you.

-iz

AH! Porch screen, the plastic variety from the looks of it. Thanks for the offer, but I may have some already (bought it to re-screen my back porch :D