ELP's Black Hole Build

ELP

EDIT: I didn't take one pic during my build. Sorry. Well I did but it's my 4 year old son, in a vest, 3d glasses and my gloves wanting to "help" ... Sorry guys and gals.

matt.

Hi All,

This got here today (thanks for the delay Canada Customs).

My wife and I are looking to do a troop on Oct. 2nd so I've got to get busy.

I'll try to remember to take pictures as I go ...

The next time you see me I will hopefully be in a new kit ... Or sitting around a bonfire of plastic, roasting angry marshmallows ... But probably the former, cause the latter would be one toxic / expensive fire.

Arrival.jpg

Sorry for the quality ... I don't know where our good camera is.

Drat ... no pictures.

With building an RT suit last month the techniques are still pretty fresh so yesterday I managed to get a lot done.

Now while things dry and cure I'm going to start on the holster.

Oh and I need a visit from the "industrial Velrco" Fairy - I'm all out.

@ Iz: Holster pics coming up ... I'm doing my first cuts today. EDIT: I'll start a holster thread.

Also a question: in the Control pics the Thermal Det (TD) on the fully kitted trooper has silver / reflective accents on, but the TD in the parts description area lower down in the post has a Matte Black finsih ... Which is better / more accurite? I can do both.

Best to wait for Iz to give you the "official" answer, but I am pretty sure for the blackhole trooper everything should be black. As silver would reflect light and hinder your "stealth." But then again, your teeth are silver, lol, so who knows.

But again, best to wait for an official answer.

The silver accents come from the chrome tape that were on the old FX kits. it's started there and for some reason stuck. The thermal should be black to match the armor. I'll need to look at what was written up, but I believe everything is supposed to be the same glossy finish.

-iz

The silver accents come from the chrome tape that were on the old FX kits. it's started there and for some reason stuck. The thermal should be black to match the armor. I'll need to look at what was written up, but I believe everything is supposed to be the same glossy finish.

-iz

Iz, Thanks for the heads up. I've done a matte finish (electrician's tape) looks pretty good (probably good enough for my GML) but let me know the official and I'll tweak what ever needs tweaking.

And as an aside, the chrome tape still comes with the AM kit so if a black finish is recomended let me know. Also this info will need to be passed around, what with all the new AM kits floating around / being built right now.

And I keep forgetting to take pictures - sorry.