HOW TO - Make your shins not shift

Hi everyone, with so many great HOW TO'S that helped me along my build and more importantly NODONER from here on the SEPC OPS forum for taking his time to help. He really is a great artist in anything he does, and has helped me keep my build as good as can be. With that, he had shown me a few tricks and I thought I should share and give back to the community since the parts I did do on my own, I used the HOW TO SECTION.

So first thing I noticed after I got shins in place, Foam in place to keep a good fit, and my Bass Amersterdams all on for the first time and I started walking around the house, I noticed that my shins kept shift bad and next thing you know my cover strips were on the SIDE of my legs. So here is what nodoner showed me. I am sure this can be used for the TK crew as well.

Things you will need.

1. Industrial Strength Velcro

2. Some left over ABS from your build

3. Dermal or Cutting tool

4. Boots

5. Shins from your TX or TK armor.

I did not take pictures of the build process from the start, so apologies in advance.

Step 1.

Grab a piece of left over ABS and Cut it to about a tab length. Almost like a rectangle. This may differ depending on what types of boots you have, but most boots are the same.

Step 2. (A few)

Once you have cut a rectangular strip, you will want get your industrial strength Velcro loop and it stick it to one side of the tab. The Other side can also be loop but will be longer than the actual tab; this is the part that will hold on to the inside of your boot. Make sure to use loop and NOT hook here. Your finished product should look like this.

Close up of the Tab

IMG_1243_zps4c08ae70.jpg

Tab stuck on to the inside of the boot.

IMG_1242_zps92869448.jpg

Make sure to stick it on to the front part of the shoe.

IMG_1239_zps1f1849f0.jpg

Step 3.

The Bass Amsterdam's that I bought have tabs on the back of the shoe. We will use this tab to add a strip of our Velcro (Loop) to it, plus a little more so it goes a down a bit. It should look some thing like this.

Here is a close up of the tab with loop stuck on.

IMG_1241_zps0ba9033b.jpg

Here is a side view to give better viewing perspective

IMG_1244_zpsf846b20a.jpg

Step 4.

Now get your shins! We will be adding the HOOK portion of the VELCRO to the BACK side of the INSIDE part of the shines. I added a lot of HOOK to and I used the wider stuff to give myself more room to adjust. If you want to be more precise about it, just put on your shoes and shin and mark were you need to apply the hook once you have them on.

Here is a pic of the inside back part of the shin

IMG_1246_zps30e52b8a.jpg

You will need to do the same to the FRONT portion of the shin as well

Here is a pic of that. I used the overlap method, but I am sure strip cover backings will have no issue here either.

IMG_1245_zpse0bb0b46.jpg

Step 5.

Now that yoy have all your Velcro in place, you can try them on. You can even them connect the shoe to the Shin and the shin will stay in place.

IMG_1248_zpsffc122dc.jpg

Here I am trying them on and running around my condo like a madman. (I was making sure that they don't move around of course). And they didn't.

(I have not completed my suit as of this build so excuse the missing under suit and AM helmet.)

IMG_1258_zps60aca888.jpg

thanks Guys. Yeah I have been waiting for my Undersuit and accessories from stormtrooperundersuit.com for over 2weeks now, as well as my Doopydoos HASBRO conversion kit. (Sigh). I hate the waiting, and I just read about people having issues with DOOPYDOOS customer service and shipping so mow I am really worried.

• 5 months later...

I like this idea. I too have Bass Amsterdams and have the same problem. I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for the great tutorial with the pics. It makes it so much easier.

As another method, though I used this one in the past too, but wanted to try something else out, I use a piece of elastic that connects on the inside of each side of the calf. This then sits under my foot so when I put my boot on, it stays down. Not sure which method I like better yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...