Best source for Hasbro E-11?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this here, but here goes:

Since I need to have a couple projects going while I'm on the waiting list for my armor, I wanted to start on a blaster. I'm leaning toward doing the Hasbro E-11 with the doopydoos conversion kit, but I want to explore all options for buying the Hasbro. Amazon and eBay seem to have a few, but a lot of them are way overpriced. Is there another option I should check out? Any advice is greatly appreciated..

1 vote for Doopy here - it's what I use and depending on your skill level you can just buy the conversion kit or the "PVC Pipe kit" ... looks fantastic, and pretty in expensive.

Mind you in Canada with the strict import laws (covering firearms and replicas, props and toys) and general firearm possession laws there aren't too many options up here.

EDIT: nice looking blaster Jim!

1 vote for Doopy here - it's what I use and depending on your skill level you can just buy the conversion kit or the "PVC Pipe kit" ... looks fantastic, and pretty in expensive.

Mind you in Canada with the strict import laws (covering firearms and replicas, props and toys) and general firearm possession laws there aren't too many options up here.

EDIT: nice looking blaster Jim!

Thanks Matt. This is the Hasbro with the Doopy's conversion kit. It was a fun project.

I advise making a special trip to Disneyland, riding Star Tours, picking up a Hasbro in the Star Trader store, going inside Club 33, watching Fantasmic, and then going home.

If you keep searching the bay, they will pop up now and then for cheap. I got mine for 8 bucks and 8 shipping. 16 total, and that was not long ago, (4 - 5 months). Also try typing in blaster toy, star tours gun, and you may have a shot. I have never seen one on the shelf, but I have heard they do exist out there.

FYI - Doopys is a great kit. They take a while to ship, but a good kit. There is also a very nice How To Convert your E-11 with Doopys in our new How To Section. :)

You have a few options here, many which have been mentioned.

Hasbro with Doopy-doo kit: Many of us have done this (including me). Looks really good once you add the additional touches (wiring, ring on the back, etc)

PVC/Doopy-doo Blaster: Can look great, but requires more work than the hasbro doopy-doo IMO

Hyperfirm: The nice thing about these is they are rubberized so no worry about dropping it or handing it to a kid and them dropping it :)

• 2 weeks later...