DTLs

i have the fg42 from them and i post some pics in the morning for ya all looked great in the pics but i let the pics show you what i mean

There's a guy in Australia who sells Resin / cast DLT-19s which I've read good things about. He's got a sale thread on FISD. He goes by the name Grand Moff Niko I think.

I haven't seen one in person, nor do I own one ... Just thought I'd mention it.

If your a little crafty you can always make one. This is a old picture seen here before but it's what I made. Might not be 100% but the Kids like it.

Oh yeah! I haven't seen one of those arrive at my doorstep yet, Bro! When did you say I could expect it, again? :lol:

-iz

Oh yeah! I haven't seen one of those arrive at my doorstep yet, Bro! When did you say I could expect it, again? :lol:

-iz

I'm sure we can always work out something.......... :lol: One of these days I'll get back around to getting some projects underway. A remake of one of these is on that list.

Here is a shot of it all apart before painting. The Barrel lock the whole thing together. PVC and carved Bass wood.

IMG_0975.jpg

My experience is that resin BFG's are very brittle and will easily break if dropped or otherwise treated anything with kid gloves. I had a resin DC-15LR and will never own another resin job again.

SciFire (buy only from Lewis or Nathan) hold up remarkably over time. I've had mine for about 4 years now, and do the drop test in front of others w/no issues. They are priced very reasonably and now come with all the DLT-19 goodies, e.g. disk, feed tray, and t-racks.

Cushman's Lewis Guns I think more readily lend themselves to looking good, and while great for parades, etc. and remarkably light, won't ever be quite as detailed as SciFire.

My $.02...

Obvieon, I have seen pictures of that before, featured in a tutorial I think, it came out wonderfully I must say and wish I had the tools to do it myself, but sadly being confined to a dorm room has consequences. They also dislike power tools sadly, something about noise or safety, I forget which. :P Also Daetrin, could you send my a pm with more info on the scifires please? Much appreciated.

I'm sure we can always work out something.......... :lol: One of these days I'll get back around to getting some projects underway. A remake of one of these is on that list.

Here is a shot of it all apart before painting. The Barrel lock the whole thing together. PVC and carved Bass wood.

IMG_0975.jpg

That's pretty damn good. You going to add a "lite-sound" kit in it?

• 3 weeks later...

Did I see Voltin somewhere in this thread?

I actually would like to have/make a DLT-19. I was going to buy this

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=180441

But izzi pointed out that is not the correct replica firearm the DLT-19 was made from a MG34 and this is a MG42. However I wonder if you could still use it as a base and then mod?

Did I see Voltin somewhere in this thread?

I actually would like to have/make a DLT-19. I was going to buy this

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=180441

But izzi pointed out that is not the correct replica firearm the DLT-19 was made from a MG34 and this is a MG42. However I wonder if you could still use it as a base and then mod?

The barrel of the 42 is different than the 34. It might be possible to mod it to look close, but it'll be a lot of work to get it exact.

-iz