Cleaning armor; a tip I learned

Hi all! Just wanted to share this tidbit. Here in the South during spring an early summer it gets horribly dusty and pollen is everywhere My shiny Armor looked dirty after just a short while. In between events I took my armor off and did some research. Anyways here's what I found

With the armor being ABS a good thing to wash it with is car wash liquid!

I know crazy huh!

I used Black Magic car wash and it brings is to a mirror finish! Just make sure to use one f the microfiber sponges and it'll bring good results.

On a side note I also found Turtle Wax scratch remover works well lol

Hopefully this wasn't covered anywhere else and someone can benefit off this.

Have a good one!

• 2 months later...

What if the armor was painted?

I tried applying Turtle Wax car polish to my painted helmet. No noticeable results, although it does seem to make my un-painted red armor look a bit better. I want my helmet to match the glossiness of my armor, but I have no idea how to go about doing that. I thought about applying some gloss clear coat, but I read that it's only compatible with flat paint. I used gloss paint, 'cuz I'm not that bright. :6:

How I'd go about the act of cleaning up a painted surface and removing imperfections...I'm not sure. Hopefully someone here can help us out

There is always the sand and repaint option, but that has risks of its own.

I have also heard that using a fabric softner sheet can help repel dust and dirt. The liquid form, water down, can also work, so I have heard. When I tried it, it left a slight film that dulled the look of the armor. I end up with a major 'dust sticking to my armor' issue, so I am always looking for ways to repel it.