Trouble glueing Lense in

Hi everyone. I basically have my helmet done, but am having a problem putting lense in. The helmet is a painted MLC. The first time I got it right where I wanted it, hit the sides and top with hot glue. Let it cool. Next thing I noticed the lense corners popped up. I removed the lens and it came right off. I cleaned the area with alcohol thinking maybe it had some type of release agent or somthing. Tried a second time and got same results. Any ideas?

if the inside is smooth a trick ive heard about and done with other things (haven't had to try it on a helmet yet) is you "score" or scratch the inside right next to ware you will be gluing so that the glue has a surface to adhere to, but be careful to not do it to much or to deep as you could go right though the helmet, I would suggest a sandpaper and be sure to clean the area before applying the glue

Yes its a fiberglass mlc one. The inside isn't totally smooth. I saw ur pm Griffin. I don't have the glue sticks in front of me.

But it might be the hobby type of glue. But its the high heat stuff. I don't know if its industrial or anything. Will check when I get home.

Ok well I think I got the problem licked. I went ahead and roughed the area up a little more. I also bought new glue sticks. Others were couple years old. Not sure if they go bad. But problem seems fixed for the moment.

The important part to glue is the bridge of the nose. This is where all the spring force of the flat lens tries to exert itself.

Get a damned good blob in the bridge section and everything else follows on.

file-19.jpg

**Edit**

Odd fact... I rotated this picture in Photobucket, so it would appear the right way round. Yet when linked to as you see here, it's on it's side again..

how strange.

The important part to glue is the bridge of the nose. This is where all the spring force of the flat lens tries to exert itself. Get a damned good blob in the bridge section and everything else follows on. file-19.jpg **Edit** Odd fact... I rotated this picture in Photobucket, so it would appear the right way round. Yet when linked to as you see here, it's on it's side again.. how strange.

Looks good on this end Chef. It's the correct orientation on my browser.