These shoes meet requirements?

I wear the Amsterdam boots. They're nice, a little hard to keep FX shins from popping over them without some creative mods. Honestly, you could go with either and get approved. I think the elastic on the sides are more accurate though. I need to recheck my sources...

-iz

The Amsterdams seem to be more matte and would seem out of place with the shine of the armor.

Thoughts?

Buy a shoe shine/polish kit. The gloss is not of the same quality as the armor, but it's good enough for government (or Imperial) work.

There is also leather luster. I need to get some of this and try it out. Supposed to leave a decent shine on the shoes.

As far as the creative means to keep the calf armor held down, I rigged up some nylon straps with velcro that operate similar to stirrups. The straps attach to the inside of the calf armor with velcro and loop down under your foot. It does the job and keeps the shin pieces from climbing up over the tops of the shoes.

The Amsterdams seem to be more matte and would seem out of place with the shine of the armor.

Thoughts?

I think they look great ... but that's just me. Also I used to polish my footware almost daily so a quick polish every now and again is no big deal:

1%20-%20lidless.JPG

Please ignore the "what the @#$" expression.

As izzi said the Amsterdams do tend to pop out, but with out a quick tweak or two - specifically doing something to keep the shins down, they are great and rather comfortable. The mod took me 10 minutes and now I can jog in the kit with no problems.

found these as well. Think they could make the cut?

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=401201&CategoryID=51389

Those could work too, but they're on the pricey side. The Amsterdam probably work just as well and are half the price.

-iz

I think they look great ... but that's just me. Also I used to polish my footware almost daily so a quick polish every now and again is no big deal:

1%20-%20lidless.JPG

Please ignore the "what the @#$" expression.

As izzi said the Amsterdams do tend to pop out with out a quick tweak or two - specifically doing something to keep the shins down. The mod took me 10 minutes and now I can jog in the kit with no problems.

What mod did you make? I am guessing a variant of the stirrup method is my guess... Hmm I wonder if there is a way to do it so it goes inside the shoe with out it being to noticeable against the under suit/armor. just wondering since yours seems to show no such indication which leads me to believe that is how you modified yours.

What mod did you make? I am guessing a variant of the stirrup method is my guess... Hmm I wonder if there is a way to do it so it goes inside the shoe with out it being to noticeable against the under suit/armor. just wondering since yours seems to show no such indication which leads me to believe that is how you modified yours.

There are a number of really good ideas here with my final mod on the bottom. I`m not saying mine was the best, but it`s the one that I did and works for me: My Shins Rotate when I walk

Turns out my shin issue was because my boots were lifting and twisting them... Not at all good.

Sorry to de-rail the thread.