New Shadow Scout incoming

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

Went on another troop this past weekend. It was pretty cool because I was able to get my fiancé into some armor. She had a TB and looked great! She didn't last the whole troop as she was wearing a MLC helmet, and until not she has never had any costumes with helmets, so her neck wasn't up to the task.

On that note she is very happy with it, and said she would want to do a Shadow Trooper or even a Nova Medic!!!!!!! But I had to promise to get her Lekku and light saber for her rebel costume first.....

Now back to the Shadow Scout. I am starting to get the "is my armor ever going to come" shakes....I just hope I get a shipment notification soon. Anyways, I think I will work on some pouches this week

Hang in there man...

I figured out my problem! The fact I have the next two weeks off :sweat: I got a message saying it should ship by the end of this week

With that ill turn in my application once its all finished. I found out the number I was hoping for was taken sometime this month, but thats ok, I have a few more still open

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for advice on joining the shoulders together, where the chest and back meet. Any thoughts? I was thinking using some of the webbing under the two ends and then rapping the webbing around them to cover the seam.

Thanks

Next couple questions. First the easy one

Is this placed correct?

6c730d60-84f0-4a7d-a06d-5e20f23a6181_zps7bac5012.jpg

And next I glued my tank topper on and didnt realize until I was done that I got a small smug of e6000 on the side of the tank. Is there any way to get that off?

There is no 'official' orientation of the TD Greeblie, with screen evidence to suggest both.

But most tend to favour the tabs uppermost as you have got there. So I would go with that.

You should be able to carefully remove the blob of E6000 with a scalpel blade (use it like a razor). Peel it up.

Whether the solvent will have marked the plastic is another matter. But don't panic. It's just weathering.

I'm not worried about any marks. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. And the TD is all glued up. All that is left is to shrink the forearms a bit, connect the tank to the back, and finish the belt... Gotta find some cotton webbing for the drop boxes. Pics tomorrow!

You can pick up cotton webbing from Jontay.com. They are really good and ship quickly.

http://store.jontay.com/Black_Regular_Weight_Cotton_Webbing.aspx

For mine, I made a black cotton wrap around using the 2" webbing and Velcro. Then I made a "T" using 1" webbing and Velcro. This slips underneath and provides a way to hook the shoulders.

IMG_4065b_zps4dbf2689.jpg

IMG_4102b_zps71368fb8.jpg

IMG_4068b_zps81565e90.jpg

shadow-scout-tank3_zpsc85a2fad.jpg

Progress

IMG_0440_zps3c48d4b5.jpg

IMG_0441_zps06d94448.jpg

IMG_0442_zpscd55b5bf.jpg

IMG_0443_zpsabef3580.jpg

IMG_0444_zps13a84db1.jpg

1186073_593929223999966_1070447781_n_zps46b506ae.jpg

1375931_593929227333299_624226267_n_zps6879f3c6.jpg

I will paint the other rivets today and I should have the belt finished tonight. If all goes well I will be submitting tomorrow morning! Going to our squad leaders house tonight to have him assist on the last couple items, mainly the forearms and they are way to wide for my tiny arms