TX 4813's Magma Trooper WIP

Greetings!

I've had my armor for a couple months and finally got it out of the box and have begun on some rough trimming of all the armor. I finished the helmet already (minus the tube stripes), but I didn't take any progress shots of that. I'm eager to get started on this. I have everything I need minus the boots right now. Still contemplating what I'm going to do for that. I may end up getting another pair of TK boots to strip down and dye them red.

But here is a shot of everything on the work bench. :)

c8668427dfc4857e82752a1703eb8f63_zps7b2165ce.jpg

• 10 months later...

After a few months on the back burner, I've been making progress on the armor.

20140922_183501_zpslbmkatfr.jpg

20140922_183433_zpsyocxtkoq.jpg

20140922_183411_zpsrapjmv6c.jpg

20140922_183329_zpse6y9c3br.jpg

20140922_183301_zps2t8p0zyn.jpg

Ordered boot dye last week so that's the next project. I'm hoping to have most of the armor done this week.

• 2 months later...

I cheated with the tube stripes. I used a template, but I must have used too much paint so everything bled. I had to take them off and use decals. The rest of the helmet is free hand. I may redo the stripes on the traps on the back of the helmet. My hand was shaky when I did it the first go round.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I will post some more pics soon. I been caught up in another project for c7 that's taken all of my time lately and Ive been fixing my nova too.

But I have the thighs most of the way together and I have the back and the chest ready for test fitting. :)

• Like 2