Mandalorian Supercommando Grunt W.I.P.

Scrapped the custom idea and decided to a canon build instead. Now I know my Magma Trooper's not done yet... But working on that is a pain in the shebs, so I'm going to be working on something new while I summon the willpower to finish the TX.

Today's another brown box day, and I'd like to share with you all what lies within:

Eternal Armory's v 1.0 Deathwatch helmet kit. I can't recommend these guys enough. Great communication, flawless transaction.

1897925_10200558379482022_26888514_n.jpg

1618632_10200558380602050_490141923_n.jpg

1619402_10200558381522073_1056097730_n.jpg

1891131_10200558381322068_1856794304_n.jpg

Size comparison to CAP Stormtrooper and Rubies Jango

1891080_10200558379962034_578160242_n.jpg

This is the guy I want to emulate:

Mandaloriancommando4.png

Wish me luck!

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • 2 weeks later...

I've thought about that costume myself. I'll be watching this thread with interest. Oh yeah, like Steve said... go finish your TX.

Thanks guys!

I won't forget about the TX. My new canvas belt also arrived today and I just finished re-sizing my right forearm. E6000 is curing on the left. Nothing I would consider "picture-worthy," you all know what a canvas belt looks like. There isn't much left to do anyway, but I'll get to the rest of it soon enough. Still waiting to hear from Scootch about the plastic part of the belt, but I still stand by my prediction of being ready by mid-February. Give me 9 or 10 more days!

Thanks guys!

I won't forget about the TX. My new canvas belt also arrived today and I just finished re-sizing my right forearm. E6000 is curing on the left. Nothing I would consider "picture-worthy," you all know what a canvas belt looks like. There isn't much left to do anyway, but I'll get to the rest of it soon enough. Still waiting to hear from Scootch about the plastic part of the belt, but I still stand by my prediction of being ready by mid-February. Give me 9 or 10 more days!

Let me know if you don't hear from scootch; I can hit him up on Facebook.

lol the Jango's put away now :D

Here's my first attempt at weathering.

1601998_10200569236393438_600692_o.jpg

I guess it came out okay. I used metallic silver for the base coat, and dabbed toothpaste on the spots I wanted to look like paint chips. I might re-do the hand print in a darker shade of gray, or maybe even a black. I used acyrilic paint for that so it should come off easily enough. Pointers and critiques always welcome

The paint drips on the left cheek are intentional. :)

Thanks for the feedback! You'll have to bear with me and these large photos, I don't know how to make them into thumbnails!

Here are some outside shots after a blackwash and black acrylic handprint + cheek details

CAM00619.jpg

CAM00621.jpg

CAM00622.jpg

CAM00620.jpg

I'm considering this helmet done as soon as I clear coat it and install a visor. Any other suggestions are welcome!

Mike

Question incoming! I can't find evidence anywhere else that people have attempted this character before. I checked Mercs, TDH, BHG, ect... so does that mean I'm going to have to write up a CRL for this as I go? It's looking like this might be a first-in-the-Legion armor setup, which I never really took into consideration when I started it. It's something I'd like to know about while I'm still in the early stages of my project.

Another thing, I won't be able to afford my armor kit until mid-May when my college semester ends, so I'm going to let this thread die until then. Maybe I'll post up a couple pics of the finished helmet and that'll be it.

Selling off my old college textbooks and some other junk to help speed the process up a bit

That also means I'll have no excuse to procrastinate on my other project anymore.. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen this costume completed yet either. I'm sure you've seen the threads on the Supercommando Captain, but it's a different costume altogether as you know. As for your CRL question, I think it is one best asked on The Bounty Hunter's Guild. I'll bet Webchief and the gang have some information to help you.

Yes, I've seen a few of the captains, one of which is Naglium, my garrison GML. The BHG folk know about me now, and what I intend to do. A few of them have offered help in my writing the CRL and have given me some reference pictures. Naglium wrote up a CRL for the Obi-Wan Mando armor, and may be sharing that with me. Looking forward to starting work on that and getting my mind off a certain other costume which has been giving me problems lately :thumbsup:

Here's a quick bathroom selfie to show a little more progress (flipped the image to show what it would look like if it weren't in a mirror). Tidied up the "paint drips" and added a 5th black finger print-looking thing next to the handprint to match the reference pictures a little more. Smeared some more black acrylic on a few spots on the dome. I'll have a visor installed on Tuesday.

I've got a lead on an armor kit which I'll be buying from a fellow garrison member within a couple weeks.

imagejpeg_1-1.jpg

I think this looks spot-on. Keep it going while that red armor takes a little soak.

I drafted a CRL for this character.

http://mercs.firespr...p?topic=72506.0

And thanks Todd. :turned: As I continue work on the Mando I'm still working on bits and pieces of the TX as well. I ordered a set of flexible handguards from Karin :yes: So I haven't swept it under the rug quite yet.

For those of you who haven't seen my updates on the other forums, I have my helmet all finished up and clear coated. Currently working on a permanent installation of the visor. I like to post everywhere I can so I can get as much feedback as possible...apologies if some of you see the same thing copied/pasted 3 to 4 different forums :teehee:

1069816_10200623495069871_126226320_n.jpg

Shown next to my CAP Magma helmet so I can brag about having two helmets pretty much ready for trooping :thumbsup:

Also, I picked up some boots at Walmart.

CAM00643.jpg

I read somewhere that Brahma was an acceptable brand of boot to use, so I went for it.

• 3 weeks later...