Toddo's Shadow Guard

The first costume I began work on before I joined the Legion was the Emperor's Shadow Guard. I started with no real skills, a Don Post helmet that hardly pulled over my face, and some craft foam. After building all of these costumes my skills have improved significantly. Finally I have completed my 28th costume. I hope you guys like it.

tr6647-tr6647_full_zps63ceed80.jpg

DSC03662_zpscf74a047.jpg

DSC03665_zpse88df240.jpg

DSC03664_zps7692006a.jpg

Very nice Toddo. It's too bad this one belongs to the SP. Would love to have him with us. :)

you're telling me. To be frank, I've been so discouraged by the lack of help over there over the past 2 years that I haven't even shared it there.

Tidy...

I've been overseeing one in the UKG too.

The one thing the LMO's pulled our boy up on was the shoulder bells. They needed to be smooth (scout style) rather than the ribbed (TK style) ones.

Not sure if this is something you've already cleared, or are aiming to.

I think we should have all the boys in black.

Chef, I had smooth bells previously, but the guys running Sovereign Protectors have determined that the bells have a ridge. In fact, according to them no future Shadow Guards will be approved without the ridge. It would help of course if they ever updated the CRL as they have been promising for quite some time.

Crazas, my pike is just an Ultrasaber. I have not been successful in sourcing an accurate pike yet. There are two fellows on Shapeways that offer 3D printed parts to make your own, but it is super costly and has yet to be done in the real world. There is also a fellow in Germany I believe who machines one without electronics for like $500 or so shipped, but that is more than I want to spend as the base for my pike.

That's one sweet Shadow Guard! I especially like the matt black. :)

I've had the armor gloss black, but then I changed it to matte black after looking at Kivas' guard. Then I sprayed it with a matte clear coat, and that turned it into more of a satin/semi-gloss look. I just wasn't happy with that as it seemed too non-committal, so I re-sprayed it one last time back to matte.

My son has sprayed his helmet gloss. But after looking at your photo's I think we will change to matte as well. If you don't mind me asking how much was the ultra saber pike?

Thanks for supplying the template for the arm's, I'm still trying to track down some sintra. It's not that easy to get here.

Chef, I had smooth bells previously, but the guys running Sovereign Protectors have determined that the bells have a ridge. In fact, according to them no future Shadow Guards will be approved without the ridge. It would help of course if they ever updated the CRL as they have been promising for quite some time.

Or if they managed to answer a simple question like "are there going to be more changes to the CRL" :huh:

Anyway, your Guard looks great !! Work well done.

I'm building a Shadow Guard for my wife, I'd say it's 50% ready atm.

Thanks guys! That's a CAP chest Scootch.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...