The Sniper/jedimel Animated Swamp Trooper

This one has been a bit quiet ... as most of you would know Craig was very excited about the Animated Swamp Trooper that he was working at the time of his death. This was going to be a world first costume and he was hoping to have it ready for the biggest troop in the Southern Hemisphere at Dreamworld on the May the 4th weekend.

Mel and I have been working furiously to get this costume modified to fit her and to get the final components finished in time to get it approved for Dreamworld. Approval photos were submitted this evening.

Please excuse the photos, my photoshop skills are not fantastic and ignore the orange tinge I had an orange sheet up which is reflecting on the armour.

SwampTrooper1_zpsf64c2d3b.jpg

SwampTrooper3_zpsf2fd8077.jpg

And finally to make sure that we adhere perfectly to the reference pictures :)

Swamprooper_GCW_Vest_zps6b482e68.jpg

SwampTrooper2_zps6597ae6e.jpg

Whoops, that's what you get for doing approval pics on a time constraint after a long day at work ... just realied the knees are upside down ... at least it's a not a major issue to fix, even if it make me look like a complete numpty!

Glad to have been of assistance to you on this.

You might want to paint your snout aerator black, and paint in the chest indent.

Good luck with the submission.

Glad to have been of assistance to you on this.

You might want to paint your snout aerator black, and paint in the chest indent.

Thanks for all your help, it's amazing that we still managed to miss things even though we had a checklist from the CRL. Will get the aerator and chest indent painted today!

• 4 weeks later...

New approval pics submitted, let's hope we are good to go this time. Craig's goal was to have the costume ready and approved as a world's first in time for the biggest troop in the Southern Hemisphere at Dreamworld on the May the 4th weekend. Fingers crossed :)

swampy2_1_zps3f9aba3d.jpg

swampy2_2_zps6827a26c.jpg

swampy2_3_zpsea18af96.jpg

swampy2_5_zps99f2a7ac.jpg

swampy2_4_zps0b25c9a1.jpg

Likewise. I want to see this costume approved as well, so if I can do anything I certainly will.

• 2 months later...

Well done Mel and well done Andrew.

It's been a privilege to assist on this and I know Craig will have a grin from ear to ear to see this get cleared.

FIRST IN THE LEGION!!!

You saw it here kids.

RIP Craig... this one's for you.

Great work all around. I can't believe it took this long, but it is indeed worth it. Congratulations Mel.

• 2 weeks later...