Shadow Scout WIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

USPS isn't being any better for domestic. Got my shipping notice from SC the other day and according to the tracking number it went out for delivery on Wednesday morning but no updates after that and no box here. :wallbash: It's insured and has delivery confirmation, but I am now getting worried.

Finally found it after I showed up with printouts of the tracking and demanded to know why it had not been delivered yet. It looks like everything is there and now I am trying to decipher the assembly instructions.

• 3 weeks later...

Lack of skills. I foolishly thought the scout wouldn't be much more than attaching or gluing a few things and adjusting some straps to make it fit right. Been thinking about selling the kit before I start in, break something and end up having spent $500 on what would end up as worthless plastic. Been looking at the instructions and they may as well be in penguin with how much I understand them.

If this is something that you truly want to do, we can help. Why don't you take it one part at a time. If you aren't sure about a step, ask us and we will chime in to help you. We all have been where you are now, but we made it. You can to brother.

For the most part (Excluding the lid and the tank), it generally is just a case of putting some elastic on.

Don't be over faced by it.

I don't know what your instructions are like, but have a look at my Blog, it may throw up some bits that your instructions haven't covered.

http://kgbairsoft.com/wordpress/?page_id=122

I had the same exact fear. I was worried I'd mess something up. I just kept harassing the local squad until we did a mini Armor party a couple of weeks ago. With people there to guide I was much more confident than I was before, and realized it's not as hard as I thought it would be. Still haven't done the helmet, but we got a lot of the armor stuff done. I just have to do soft parts mostly now.

I would say get in touch with some of the local biker scouts and ask them for help.

I agree with what everyone is saying. Before you up and sell the kit, make sure you are touch with your garrison out there and take the kit to at least one armor party so other troopers can talk about the armor with you. I know it seems intimidating at first, but anyone can really do it with a little time.

I'm a total muppet when it comes to building stuff, but i still managed to build an older style ARC trooper (it took me a year!)

If i can do that, and still have all my fingers, you can build anything.. trust me on this.. you can do it!!

And this lot seem to know how to help out ;)

just take small bites.. a little bit at a time slowly adds up!