Painting a white suit black help

This is a repost. I accidentally posted it in the wrong section before.

So I'm in a time crunch and don't have 9 months to wait for a black ABS suit. I have an opportunity to get a white ABS suit to paint black. What are your opinions on rattle cans (spray paint) versus urethane (auto paint)? I should also consider that if I were to need a touch up from a scratch or what ever that spray paint would obviously be the better choice. With auto paint I would have to strip and repaint the entire piece. On the other hand, auto paint can take hits better than spray paint and not damage as easy. Opinions?

Did you already pick-up the white armor? If not, hit up Scootch. He can get a set of black HIPS to you right away usually. You have to paint it as well as it isn't shiny, but that's not too big a deal. If you have the white stuff already, then I can weigh in there as well. My shadow stormtrooper helmet was originally an ESB stormtrooper bucket. I primed and painted it with Rustoleum, and have had to do very little in the way of touch-ups over the course of quite a few troops.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input! I actually managed to find an available black kit in the time that I first created the post and now. I will consider your advice for any future projects.