Shadow Stormtrooper Discussion

• 2 months later...

Not so sure I'd be willing to go from the wii version of the game. Nothing against the wii just the wii version was very different from the Xbox and PS3 and PC versions. For example the look of the stormtroopers, they were missing the upper leg armour in the wii version.

However it does seem to be a dark-grey or dark-silver in colour with black shoulder bells. And with the other versions I can see eminating from some parts is a blue light.

• 4 weeks later...

In fact PS3 and XBOX (not sure about PC) have "TRON troopers" it is almost impossible to re-create such effect.

I did my Wii version for CV, let's say a regular TK/TX with a different paint scheme. (and a oversized head!!! That's why my FX bucket is "screen accurate" LOL!!!)

SAM_0548-1-1.jpg

Actually, if you look closely at the two, the paint scheme is the same. It's just hard to see the subtle differences between the silver and the gray with the blue lights going on. So the Wii version is still accurate just minus the lights.

-iz

There are 2 options to do that (both pretty hard to achieve) neon/leds or glowsticks. The effect for the first one is far better and you don't need to replace every trooping but you need to wire your full armor, have batteries, etc

There are 2 options to do that (both pretty hard to achieve) neon/leds or glowsticks. The effect for the first one is far better and you don't need to replace every trooping but you need to wire your full armor, have batteries, etc

Yeah I started looking into it right after I posted that....I think I'm guna try to do it.

If i ever get around to doing one of these, I'll do the Xbox/PS3 version with the lights. Wireing and lighting will be easy I kinda already figured it out. Hard part is building the armour :lol:

The expensive part is building the armor! :lol:

-iz

Yeah, After taking a look at the armor, it looks like the shoulder bells might be a two part system a top and bottom. Then the o2 tank and but plate looks like they can be mated to one wire. Hm. *gears turning*

Yeah, After taking a look at the armor, it looks like the shoulder bells might be a two part system a top and bottom. Then the o2 tank and but plate looks like they can be mated to one wire. Hm. *gears turning*

Thinking the same. Was thinking with the bells use one set chrome painted and second one black with section cutout and a blue light fixed between them. The thermal det may have to use an opaque pipe with a blue light inside it and power also for it and the butt plate. the lighting for the butt plate can be fitted under the belt with a gaurd to stop the light shining up onto the kidney plate.

The chest plate would have a light fitted underneath it to shine on the Ab plate with power supply in the back plate, wich in turn can be wired out the shoulder bells.

Helmet would have lights fitted in frown, above the chrome(mirrored) lens, and beneath cutout tube stripes.

Right leg ammo boxes, you could fit a battery into one or 2 boxes and run the lights behind them.

I think it would be safe to say that the lower legs and forarms have no lighting and are actually just chrome reflecting sourunding light. as there doesn't seem to be any sign of light shining out from underneath them. But more so on them. In saying that I would go with Crazas Colour scheme.

I agree with most of what you said Hopfot. With the helmet I was thinking of just completely cutting out the *brain fart* the lines on the side of the helmet, and putting clear plastic down so I get the light through it and following the lights up through the frown.

I agree with most of what you said Hopfot. With the helmet I was thinking of just completely cutting out the *brain fart* the lines on the side of the helmet, and putting clear plastic down so I get the light through it and following the lights up through the frown.

Thats a good idea. You just gotta make sure that any clear platic part arn't too transparent. in order for the light to look correct you would need something that is fogged. A light grit sanding to the inside of any transparent plastic would probably do.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

We are working on it. There have been some communication issues unfortunately, but we are moving past those.