Mirrored lenses?

I got my mirrored lense material from Trooperbay yesterday...I"m a little concerned.

The lense material is the filiment that you use with theatre lighting, very thin....and in my experience of actually using it, not that sturdy. I know that this was the same material that was used in the original TK's but....

So, should I use this material (it looks good in the bucket) or should I go with something else that would last a bit longer. If the latter, where would people suggest to go with...every place I have seen in the forum threads are closed and can't seem to find anything else. (short of football shield inserts)

Thanks.

John

I used the AFX Fastshield meant for motorcycle helmets. It's plenty strong and looks amazing. https://www.denniskirk.com/326524.sku?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&gclid=CJmh6PiPx8MCFYeBfgod0UkAjw

I had the same issue with my lenses. I went to Home Depot got a sheet of clear acrylic cut it to size heated it shaped it then put 2% black car window tint with a metal reflective coating that prevents see through even when looking at it in direct sunlight. I used foam and Velcro to secure it to my bucket. My lenses are far more clear and way way more stronger now than the motorcycle film that I got with my bucket. Not only are they stronger and more clear but like I said before in direct sunlight you can't see into my bucket through the lenses. I am currently making a pair for one of my garrison fiends for her Tie pilot bucket. You can see how thick they are in the pics, I love these lenses plus there super strong!!

image_zpsnv5en0sp.jpg

image_zpsqorw7qcj.jpg

• 6 months later...
I had the same issue with my lenses. I went to Home Depot got a sheet of clear acrylic cut it to size heated it shaped it then put 2% black car window tint with a metal reflective coating that prevents see through even when looking at it in direct sunlight. I used foam and Velcro to secure it to my bucket. My lenses are far more clear and way way more stronger now than the motorcycle film that I got with my bucket. Not only are they stronger and more clear but like I said before in direct sunlight you can't see into my bucket through the lenses. I am currently making a pair for one of my garrison fiends for her Tie pilot bucket. You can see how thick they are in the pics, I love these lenses plus there super strong!!

image_zpsnv5en0sp.jpg

image_zpsqorw7qcj.jpg

Hi, do you have a picture of these using your install method? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this older thread but I am having a heck of a time getting my lens in.

The motorcycle lens posted above is no longer avilable anywhere.

And the trooperbay one is TERRIBLE basically a 6 dollar strip of tint material with no rigidivity so getting it to lay down is impossible.

I ordered a new welders lens to cut up and try to get it to work.. but this is by far the worst issue I've had with the build.

I just searched on Ebay for Silver Fast Shield and found a couple for sale this morning.

I just searched on Ebay for Silver Fast Shield and found a couple for sale this morning.

I've already bought something else. This 10 bucks a pop for items that aren't working is beginning to add up. I still have not even figured out how to mount it. The eyes are so big on the back side that I don't see how anything will ever fit right or flat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I've already bought something else. This 10 bucks a pop for items that aren't working is beginning to add up. I still have not even figured out how to mount it. The eyes are so big on the back side that I don't see how anything will ever fit right or flat.

Photos might help us. Maybe you can cut down the material more to size?

Photos might help us. Maybe you can cut down the material more to size?

Was told cutting any thing here is a big no no as it provides the eye depth. Won't let me upload says pic is too large. And can't resize on my phone.

post-2318-0-08229100-1443642849_thumb.jpg

I meant cut down your lens material possibly. Your eyes are fine. As for uploading pics, we recommend using a photobucket account and simply pasting the IMG code here.

I meant cut down your lens material possibly. Your eyes are fine. As for uploading pics, we recommend using a photobucket account and simply pasting the IMG code here.

Yeh gonna cut it down.. but how do you get it to lay flat on those ridges? you dont want to see air around the holes right? so it has to fit well.

I may abandon the silver lens I cant see it working well with this weldign sheild I got. no way I can see that tint strip is gonna work and stay bonded or even if it does wrinkle free.

A little bit of space at the bottom isn't a bad thing as it allows air flow and can help prevent fogging.