Los Angeles newbie here building my 1st shadow trooper- would like some advice

I'm building my 1st shadow trooper and would love some advice regarding where to order from .. I chatted with the guys from ANOVOS at the Star Wars celebration and they seem to have a pretty awesome kit- any advice on this ? I really want to get into the 501st —also, would I be able to order the complete trooper and modify from there ? If anyone has advice I would love to hear it. Also, I'm in Los Angeles if anyone is close by ... Thanks !!!

Welcome Franco. My advice starting out is to read others' build threads. You'll get an idea of what is involved in building a kit. Anovos is going to be offering a stormtrooper, but to my knowledge this is the white variety.

• Like 1

Welcome to the boards! Yes research is always the very first step and there is plenty of information on here that will hopefully provide some answers. Like always don't hesitate to ask the members question as we are here to help.

• Like 1

Hi Franco, I am also in So Cal which makes us part of the Southern California Garrison. We'll be able to help you along on the specifics for the costume, but I also recommend signing up on the ao cal garrison boards. As far as the Anovos armor goes, its a great deal, but you'll be waiting a bit for it. You'd then need to paint it, whereas a kit pulled in black ABS would be good on its own.

Thanks for all the feedback & advice!! I super appreciate it .. I've been doing a lot of reading and researching and I'm ready to order my kit =] thanks again and hope to see you at an armor party soon

• Like 1