Color & pauldron

Daetrin

Wow! Daetrin, you coming over to the darker Dark Side?

I used Rustoleum Metalic Gold.

I haven't seen any fabric that was the exact color of the stripes, So like Izzi I plan to paint my Pauldron to match.

I've seen your stuff over on FISD and MEPD, I look forward to seeing a build thread.

Thinking about it. I was a sandy for 5 years, and am thinking instead of doing another sandy going Nova Elite for a change of pace. I mean, I already have a TK for both TK/HWT, so it will be neat to work in a something that is not white armor. I had thought of doing a TB, but I can't get that Nova out of my head.

If everyone so far used the same paint it will be better to stay in the same track, "gold color" is such a loose concept. I think, since all the Nova are new troopers, the best way to make all the armors look alike is to have the same color.

Izzi, how did you keep the black outline on your pauldron, and the leather around the rivets, so crisp? How did you keep them from getting gold on them? I assumed tape, but it's hard to get the right angles. Did you pull out the rivets, remove the velcro/leather snaps and then reattach after painting?

Also I am considering not keeping the outline and just having the gold part gold and the neck part black. While yours looks awesome, I haven't seen any references with the black outline. Do you think it would be a problem to not have the black border around the gold portion?

I cut little tiny eensy weensy pieces of tape and I pokeses the eyeses out of many hobbitses...

Yeah. Just tape like crazy. I'm sure you can do what ever you want with the gold part of the pauldron. I just kept mine looking more like a TD pauldron. instead of making the whole thing gold.

-iz

• 3 weeks later...