best product for polishing black glossy armour

I have Daniel's old black armor that he polished with the Meguiars, and it is amazing.

• Like 1

Hi. When painting I like to use Griot's #3 polish and a "ball" style polishing head which I can fit into my cordless drill. I use this AFTER I have wet sanded my paint job...... JUST ENOUGH to knock down any overspray or rough surface. I polish with the Griot's #3, then buff the parts with a soft automotive finishing towel (also from Griot's). When I am satisfied with the finish I wipe the parts down with Griot's "Speed Shine" then buff one last time by hand with a similar towel.

I use Novus on plastics such as acrylic capped and clear materials.

The polishing ball is legit!

• Like 1

Hi. When painting I like to use Griot's #3 polish and a "ball" style polishing head which I can fit into my cordless drill. I use this AFTER I have wet sanded my paint job...... JUST ENOUGH to knock down any overspray or rough surface. I polish with the Griot's #3, then buff the parts with a soft automotive finishing towel (also from Griot's). When I am satisfied with the finish I wipe the parts down with Griot's "Speed Shine" then buff one last time by hand with a similar towel.

I use Novus on plastics such as acrylic capped and clear materials.

The polishing ball is legit!

So how dangerous is doing this? can the armor be damaged? I thought about low speed buffing as well but not sure which head would be the least dangerous to use I've seen what happens to car paint when a buffer is not used properly..
  • 1 month later...

Hi. My Armour is a used one so it has some scratches and some parts where it got Blunt because the parts rub on each other (like between the legs).... What can I use to polish it? I must add that it is ABS without any paint done on it...

I should post up pics of my armor. Probably the most scratched and dirtiest shadow in the legion right now. I have a lot of troops under my belt though so that is my excuse. Going to shine it up with Novus 1,2,3 polish.