Nova trooper elite: WIP

Hello, my name is Artem, from the city of St. Petersburg (Russia). I apologize in advance for my English , I will write briefly:) Now I'm 16 years old ( fourth birthday in January ), is a cadet Russian outpost , on our website , I also write my WIP. Initially, I did not follow the CRL, because I was not planning to join the 501st Legion, but now everything has changed.

EliteNovatrooper-SWGTCG_zpszzvbedua.jpg

ARMOR

Stage 1 :

The program pepakura I printed parts and carried them to foam 3mm, most of the details I had to draw . (Just want to note , this material is not recommended for the ready suit, my mistake).

IMG_2747_zpss1xwvbnf.jpg

IMG_2748_zps61i1sxws.jpg

Stage 2 : strengthening

Fiberglass + epoxy resin.

IMG_2749_zpsyv174djo.jpg

IMG_2779_zpsnzacheld.jpg

Stage 3 : Alignment.

Perhaps sama long and tedious process in all work.

I used epoxy filler.

IMG_2780_zpsuctwn9yo.jpg

Step 4 : The final finishing .

At this stage, I used a sheet of PVC 3mm , were cut out of it : the waist, back, guards on hand rims and stripes on the arms / legs , other small parts.

IMG_2781_zpscxqtz8az.jpg

Stage 5 : painting.

IMG_2782_zpsbjclyofg.jpgIMG_2783_zpsi9v8wh2v.jpgIMG_2784_zpst1nierta.jpg

Now everything else. And perhaps I'll start with the helmet.

Manufacturing technology is not much different , except that served as the basis for drawing paper.

Helmet

Stage 1 : build a paper model.

wy3p-MO6jr8_zpsvovn6eyg.jpg

Stage 2 : Strengthening.

Fiberglass + epoxy resin.

WXOdSKqmTJo_zpsiz6qyn18.jpg

Stage 3 : Alignment.

I used epoxy filler.

hyMzJEJMPEI_zpsauhy9h6f.jpg

39pVuNHM_6g_zps7pgmhrqt.jpg

ClE3fEVTezQ_zpsfqfgxycz.jpg

As a result , the helmet had already been primed and ready to paint , but I decided to continue working on it . It was terrible and did not look like a helmet ANH STUNT. It takes effect the necessary changes .

Step 4 : The final finishing .

4.1 . With an engraver , I was able to cut the " mouth", "ears" , " chin " and visor.

K1Q2cg0yRXE_zpschugxmto.jpgPs4TXHWN2JI_zpseqosbxct.jpgYuvcRURKJgU_zpse2dkokfg.jpg

4.2 . New teeth are made ​​of a material " pinopleks " universal and processed putty .C0ivcOAvaPM_zpsllxrnhkd.jpg

4.3 . Chin also made ​​of pinopleksa , followed by treatment with putty .sN2ia51Muzk_zpszya664qm.jpgWxvHYYe9eJc_zpsctqrel9b.jpg

4.4 . The lower part of the ear , I left , and top made ​​from a clay sculpture , followed by treatment with putty .48rwDqCzp2w_zpsphqvnx0x.jpg

4.5 . Visor and whiskey are made of transparent.

e3v5Fjb4194_zpsyaiocgnl.jpg

Stage 5 : painting.

yWFyT7nQi_4_zpspimea5qz.jpg

0QQshI4Kwag_zpsbmt5a98e.jpg

AiebhGkOlcM_zps4adp84mc.jpg

Z63QYh6LL-E_zpsqrc7kt27.jpg

Final

BG4CgVo5z6U_zpsrw9bagdw.jpg

kMv-pL1jpd4_zpsmhipmzv9.jpg

Field Backpack

1. The main frame is made ​​of PVC pipes 2 mm radius , connected corners using the dryer building .

2. Two main container consists of 4 containers for food. Thermal adhesive to glue gun , in the middle of a side of a sheet of PVC.

3. The small box contains a sheet of PVC.

4. The base of the cup is made of a water filter . Cap of sawn , plastic pots for flowers .

5. The remainder consists of plumbing pipes .

V3zt44dLwFI_zpsep6cbz1w.jpg

BnrwBPLGcPo_zpsyh80zozw.jpg

cxMohNOAhIk_zps7cxsta1u.jpg

7. Painted and lacquered backpack , but this work is not yet finished.

xNI3T9rI6dk_zpszb3xxhiz.jpg

Under Suit

Consists of two parts:

GUIy_ZVDg7U_zps812h4r8h.jpg

Ammo Pouches

SiYdPY73F60_zpshnwmdf41.jpg

Pauldron.

It was painted in gold paint from a container ( seeking alternative) since still have not dried and sticks to everything

yy8wv1rlFcU_zpsoh4akn4b.jpg

E-11 blaster (ANH)

eaBsPsvToeY_zps7tmuo2lt.jpg

H8n4IFuvUis_zpspps0cofk.jpg

9ZnpqQzlPZY_zpsfqmdi37d.jpg

9LWOP-4iRqM_zpshmovjpue.jpg

scXZhDlcSms_zpsxkg7q0li.jpg

k3cxZ6duSmw_zpspje25he3.jpg

pGFQgcpLurI_zpsbo4lqoeu.jpg

final

yJNSFlN9Q6o_zps8byie6ky.jpg

VEYiWLmmIBM%201_zpsx0mw35am.jpg

Ka52xXJUeeM_zpsnsouslws.jpg

hMe6j8IuFSs_zpsgpnxwybn.jpg

my4dv-IABGY_zpsckqhoydz.jpg

p7z0bq5-fYY_zpsidvq8mtj.jpg

Trying on armor

5l4o3I8aWCE_zps0ukazyqs.jpgLNkf8LUmq8A_zpswtyrytmc.jpg

STARСON Festival 2015.

iaAjipna2nI_zpspmvjsxkf.jpgVvZXQUvlHiE_zpsgx86fwsl.jpg

After STARСON, I took into account the shortcomings and decided to make a couple of changes :

The chest was raised up . The upper part of the groin is removed under the belt , and the very deflated belly down.

3DIhBTOt1q8_zps5gxkv3o2.jpgA5vWkfU0leQ_zpssxzw5hz7.jpg

For approval have year , which means that the work is not finished yet . And so , there are plans to :

- Boots

- DLT- 19 rifle

- Rubber gloves

- New dashboards gloves

- Pauldron

- Backpack

- Lower Leg Armor

- Shoulder Straps

This is a remarkable achievement in scratch building at your age or any age for that matter, especially considering that you are employing pep/fiberglass methods rather than sculpting/vac-forming as this armor is traditionally made. That said, there is an overall roughness to your edges and seams that reveals your methods. I would continue to work to smooth those out. Some of the other details are actually too sharp for the look you are trying to achieve. For instance, the ear bumps are quite crisp; however, the reference bumps are much less defined due to the vac-forming process. I would work to emulate that a bit more in your build if you are seeking approval.

So to recap:

1. soften your angles

2. smooth your edges and seams

Amazing start.

-Todd

This is a remarkable achievement in scratch building at your age or any age for that matter, especially considering that you are employing pep/fiberglass methods rather than sculpting/vac-forming as this armor is traditionally made. That said, there is an overall roughness to your edges and seams that reveals your methods. I would continue to work to smooth those out. Some of the other details are actually too sharp for the look you are trying to achieve. For instance, the ear bumps are quite crisp; however, the reference bumps are much less defined due to the vac-forming process. I would work to emulate that a bit more in your build if you are seeking approval.

So to recap:

1. soften your angles

2. smooth your edges and seams

Amazing start.

-Todd

Okay, I understood you. I will correct defects)

I agree with Toddo. Excellent job with everything considering you built everything from scratch. I have a pep/bondo mandalorian helmet I was working on and know the time and effort that goes into this stuff.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I have not updated your VIP, during which time there was a lot. All the items were once again treated and painted for the last time. I also added ammo belt, I changed the edge on Thigh Armour, glued gloves Hand Plates. I bought the shoes, they were sold at a local store, I was very lucky! Shoulder Stripes were prepared, as well as alter Pauldron and added under the shoulder belt. November 19th we visited sick children from the fund Advita, at the same time able to test armor. At the moment, almost everything is ready, move on soon have a new costume. Once again forgive forgiveness for the translation, I hope you understand me)

hysAFN-2eak_zps6aucdoqk.jpg

5R2MVp4DH88_zpsci38ev96.jpg

AjPm7FHhu_o_zpsahfqtvgc.jpg

vq1-xAmluzQ_zpsio4b9hzy.jpg

qFoUXZgOOZQ_zpsrwqi4oay.jpg

W7_ZsNoAHzg_zpsdtdpxkgk.jpg

093KKFM_hcM_zpsagt4mjtl.jpg

GBMZLq_4y20_zpsd2ofmhaf.jpg

As I said previously, this is remarkable work. You mentioned in your first post that you are interested in joining the 501st when you are of age. If you still are interested in that, I think some of your details will need refinement to become more accurate; however, as a scratch-built costume at cons and the like, this is quite nice.

• Like 1

As I said previously, this is remarkable work. You mentioned in your first post that you are interested in joining the 501st when you are of age. If you still are interested in that, I think some of your details will need refinement to become more accurate; however, as a scratch-built costume at cons and the like, this is quite nice.

Thank you)))

yWwixRUWLcM_zpsgb45pljd.jpg

This is the first suit, I have been inexperienced, so I made the armor of trial and error. My next suit will be better, but I still want to get to approval novatrooper elite. What you need to add to approval?

First, you'll have to be 18 to join the Legion. Second, while your work has been quite amazing, many of the details are too angular to be accurate. For instance, the shoulder straps are too defined to mimic a vac-formed suit. The same thing goes for your belt and thigh ammo belt. The corners are too angular and need to look a bit more rounded. Again, keep in mind that the stormtrooper suits all have that softer, vac-formed look to them. Your details are sharp and therefore stand-out. Third, there are some sculpt inaccuracies such as the knee sniper plate. It is too small. Your field pack and E11 on the other hand look fantastic for scratch-built. I attribute that to the fact that those parts aren't supposed to look vac-formed.

• 3 weeks later...