Air Trooper Reference Pics

The references for the Air Troopers were gone when I went to transfer them. If you have references, post them here. Make sure they aren't just a phase of the Dark Troopers. DT phase 0, II and III had jet packs.

• 2 months later...

Looks like it, might be able to dig up some more when I have more time, but here's the one from that article:

Jump_trooper.jpg

Dosn't look that different from the evo trooper I commented on before, but different chest and helmet and with this pack:

Merr-sonnJT-12ImperialJetpack.jpg

I can see some other differences, will write an essay :lol: if more references are found. I know there's a figure out there somewhere and should be able to get the 3d models from the PC game if someone has a copy of that.

• 1 month later...

The blaster in the above pic looks way different. Was that one scratched before the release?

these are new images from the force unleashed 2 ultimate edition, extracted from the games database ;)

apparently the gun has changed since the first one

• 3 weeks later...

So is this version of the jump trooper still acceptable?

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/33/ImperialJet-trooper_TFU_Wii.jpg

If you have 360 degree hi res shots for the LMO to review with your submission, there's always a chance!

-iz

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's some new shots I picked up yesterday at Star Tours of a "Sky Trooper" these area actually seen in the Star Tours ride so does that count as an "in movie" reference as well. Got some good pics but really couldn't afford to purchase the toy set so no 360 pics but from what I saw in the ride. All parts are standard stormtrooper with a modified tie chestbox/tubes and a Boba jetpack with no rocket.

DSC00648.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

A lot of it is pretty standard armor. There are portion of a regular kit that can be used or converted, at least from those pics. The bucket will be the biggest issue/project

Actually the paint job is just a bit misleading. The helmet is actually exactly a standard trooper helmet with grey paint on the chin and mohawk. Really almost no modification needed outside of just attaching the tubes and I was thinking it should be easy enough to simply use the same method as the tie fighters since the face portion of the tie is only a stormy plus the tubes go to a slightly modified tie box. I'll have to examine further but I think the only mod to the box is again just paint :thumbsup:

Anyone else notice that they're carrying clone weapons? The clone carbine and rifle in the pack and they're depicted carrying the carbines.

Actually the paint job is just a bit misleading. The helmet is actually exactly a standard trooper helmet with grey paint on the chin and mohawk. Really almost no modification needed outside of just attaching the tubes and I was thinking it should be easy enough to simply use the same method as the tie fighters since the face portion of the tie is only a stormy plus the tubes go to a slightly modified tie box. I'll have to examine further but I think the only mod to the box is again just paint :thumbsup:

You're forgetting the visor

You're forgetting the visor

Do you mean on the game pics? :confused:

I was only referring to the action figure and tshirt shots I got. I think the top of the helmet is just standard trooper black rubber thing in those pics.

I personally think the game version "EVO" style looks alot cooler but the Star Tours version would definately be easier :yes:

I think the idea guy was on vacation when they came up with the name for this character... seriously.. sky trooper? That just sounds so UN-menacing and must have took all of about a second to come up with... that's like parents telling kids 'behave, or the smurfs will come and get you'..

Why not Aerial Assault Trooper...

Just tossing in my $0.02

Do you mean on the game pics? :confused:

I was only referring to the action figure and tshirt shots I got. I think the top of the helmet is just standard trooper black rubber thing in those pics.

I personally think the game version "EVO" style looks alot cooler but the Star Tours version would definately be easier :yes:

Ah, I see what you are saying. Ya, that does just look like a bucket with a different color scheme and some tubes

• 2 months later...