MLC FO Flametrooper Costume

Since helmet seems to be progressing well, I might as well start with making the costume.

I thought I'd start first with making the tanks first ........

The back frame is still in flat form - will bondo that to look like an oblong tube. I also did just 1 big tank - will mold that and produce 2 copies. These are basically just the main components - will dive deeper into the details as it progresses.

You can also get more progress pics here: https://www.facebook...cfiberglassing/

Mardon (MLC)

ps. I dont know why the other pics wont load.

post-2657-0-24477400-1452498678_thumb.jpg

Really awesome Mardon. You might consider getting a free photo hosting account (like Photobucket). That way you can link as many pics as you want within your thread.

Actually, I have photobucket.......but was just lazy to upload :P

Anyway, lets try this again using the 'bucket........

IMG_3307%20copy_zpspnydgc2z.jpg

IMG_3308%20copy_zpso5dzi5sv.jpg

Mardon (MLC)

• Like 1

Actually, I have photobucket.......but was just lazy to upload :P

Anyway, lets try this again using the 'bucket........

IMG_3307%20copy_zpspnydgc2z.jpg

IMG_3308%20copy_zpso5dzi5sv.jpg

Mardon (MLC)

I had to ask. ;)

Looking really good Mardon! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay on updates as its been slow working on the tanks, etc.

We've finally had 1 tank molded to produce 2 tanks for me to work on. We've also been pondering on what items that can be joined so it could be molded as one to make the pack lighter but not to sacrifice detail and realism.

As for the helmet, its ready to be molded, but a slight delay on that as we're catching up on previous orders.

To keep up with the updates, fell free to visit: https://www.facebook.com/mlcfiberglassing/

Mardon (MLC)

IMG_3408_zps3emzsopg.jpg

IMG_3409_zpsogynkb37.jpg

IMG_3410_zpsvl9ngdbl.jpg

IMG_3420_zpsjydw7x8c.jpg

IMG_3421_zpsdgoekaja.jpg

IMG_3422_zpsg1jcjojk.jpg

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are working on the weight. Looking very good Mardon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, flamey helmet done ............finally :)

So, we're moving ahead on the flamey's tank till completion as I really wanted this done asap.

For further updates, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/mlcfiberglassing/

** in one of the pics, the box was dry fitted upside down - apologies on that snafu :P

Mardon (MLC)

IMG_3651_zpsfd1oyjth.jpg

IMG_3652_zpsg95wh5cg.jpg

IMG_3653_zpsh4biopua.jpgIMG_3654_zpsjadfx9o2.jpg

Mardon (MLC)

• Like 2

Pack is looking great Mardon. I wonder how much it will weight when finished? Also, what did you construct the tubs from?

Pack is looking great Mardon. I wonder how much it will weight when finished? Also, what did you construct the tubs from?

Thanks bud! Prototype tubes at first were made out of sintra then bondo'd round while other tubes are made out of blue pvc tubes in both 3/4" and 1" ID. But of course thats just the prototype - final product would be in fiberglass.

I had to temporarily glue both the big tanks to the center section so that I could build the proper length of details that connect both the big tanks together. This was done so that when both tanks would be molded as one - they would fit the center section perfectly as the center section would be molded separately. The sections would be:

1. packpack oval rig and center body - as one.

2. 2 big tanks and joining details - as one

3. center pressure guage tank - as one

4. Center tank - as one

That'll be a total of 4 components molded separately and will just be joined in assembly. $8 pressure gauge was added and Im envisioning the white pliable tubes as white silicone tubes which anyone could get from RC gas boat hobby shops or perhaps aquarium shops.

My workers are doing this project everyday now till completion (maybe in about 2 weeks) so watch this space for upcoming updates :)

Mardon (MLC)

Terrific work Mardon. I'll keep an eye out for updates.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after months we're finally down to the wire on this project :)

Below are the actual fiberglass products pulled from our various molds. They will be assembled in process but this is actually how you guys will get it - primered but sanded smooth state only. Its ready for paint right out the box.

We still need to find silicone (white) hoses as well as their terminals, but we could elect customers to do that themselves as they may be easier and cheaper to acquire in their respective countries. So is the pressure gauge unless they find it best to get from us ($8).

The model in the picture is one of my workers who is 5'8" in height and last pic shows weight of the pack (less silicone hoses/terminals) at almost 2.5kgs or roughly 5.5lbs.

Again, you can get same updates via my alternative Fb page: https://www.facebook.com/mlcfiberglassing/

Mardon (MLC)

IMG_3716_zpsus9htvc5.jpg

IMG_3717_zpsiyzizjjp.jpg

IMG_3718_zpsolwsdlna.jpg

IMG_3719_zpsbaghfwaf.jpg

IMG_3720_zpsvcmnk3jr.jpg

IMG_3721_zpsc3apad4l.jpg

IMG_3722_zpsgn9rvfes.jpg

IMG_3723_zpsv9gzi9qz.jpg

IMG_3724_zpshohoyu6c.jpg

IMG_3725_zpsrlgy5mrp.jpg

IMG_3726_zps5rauszex.jpg