It begins... Again

Ok, so my ATA shadow stormtrooper helmet arrived this morning so I've fitted the parts initially. Now going to take them apart so I can fit the internal electrics (I have a mic and wireless transmitter, plus the fans).

Here it is at the minute, with the first layer of silver in the frown and the Matt black on the vocoder.

B30A7BA5-8335-42BC-BC44-6DD020AD7497_zpsviypqbtc.jpg

Quick question, are the hovi-mics all black or do I leave the lip and internals white? I feel like all black is the way to go. Also, should they be Matt or gloss black??

Final question, do I still plaint the vent marks in the traps in black or just completely leave the traps unpainted?

Here is my first helmet completely finished.

2CBF10BA-CAD6-491B-9E3A-692505E81460_zpsxsqhbwcv.jpg

0660B581-5719-41B6-9652-53E6C5A8BD0B_zpsizkichh6.jpg

I'm just a complete amateur, in fact these pics show every experience I have ever had with ATA, in fact, any storm trooper kit but I have found the kits really good to work with and so happy with the results. I'm sure experienced members could pick a load of faults, but they'll lie with my build and not the kit! Haha

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just going to do it for a bit of fun, I'm not a fan of the helmet for the kashyyk trooper. I'm going to vinyl wrap the plastic parts so I can peel it off and go for normal bike scout trooper and get approval after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk