TX Dress/Soft Uniform

Ok guys, I got this idea/ideas from Agustus' topic "Whats under the armor".

I began wondering this myself and decided to do some research. Bryan made a point that I went back and looked and in ANH Darth Vader tells the only cannon TK :down: Officer to over see the retrieval of R2D2 and C3PO. In "The Death Star" by Micheal Reaves and Steve Perry we had a guy refer to his Blacks. Looking in Star Wars: ANH I saw the blacks he was talking about, and finally in another forum (Imperial Officer) there is a topic about TK dress uniform. http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1194 Crazas then posted about a topic that discussed having berets for TX's instead of the soft caps (which I fully support). After a long, Long search I found only a few Army's in the world where the Special Forces (or Army's for that matter) do not wear berets. I figure this is enough evidence to support the berets.

Now that the explanation is done I do not have high hopes for this getting approved because there are not reference pictures. :down:

I'm still going to try though so here is what I am going to do for it. CRLs come later I guess. (taken from IO again with a few changes)

Tunic:

* Fabric should be a medium weight suiting material exactly matching the pants and hat. Gabardine style weave is most accurate. Color options are black.

* Tunic is double-breasted with a left over right closure on the tapered yoke.

* Yoke comes up across the shoulder to the top shoulder seam.

* The standing collar has square corners and is about 1.25" (31.8 mm) tall and closes snugly and includes a modesty panel behind closure. Collar edges are closed with two eye hooks. Costumebase/Costumebay uniforms are missing this feature.

* There are code cylinder pockets on both outside panels of the jacket from about half way between the top and bottom on the arm hole.

* Sleeves are long, and without decoration, cuffs or buttons, containing 2 seams, one along the bottom and one along the back.

* Tunic should be constructed with no top-stitching (stitches visible on the exterior surface of fabric)

The Proper Way

crl_tunic.jpg

The Crappy Way

crl_collar_bad.jpg

Pants:

* Fabric should be a medium weight suiting material exactly matching the tunic and hat. Gabardine style weave is most accurate.

* Jodhpurs breeches are canon, with semi-stiff flares to the hip/thigh area. Jodhpurs must be worn with boots (see below).

* Straight-legged dress trousers are permitted for black-uniformed officers, but must be worn with quality dress shoes.

* Pockets are acceptable, though they should not be visible with the tunic on.

* There are no noticeable cuffs on the pants.

The Proper Way

crl_pants.jpg

Hat or Cover (for those in the Military:

* Black, fitted beret with leather band.

* Unit Special Forces Patch must be worn in the crest of the beret. (sizes later)

The Proper Way (as soon as I have one with the Spec Ops badge on it it will be up)

Beret.jpg

The Crappy Way

felted%20beret.jpg

Belt:

* The belt should be constructed from a non-textured leather or a leather-like material, approximately 2" (50.8 mm) in width (up to 3" (76.s mm) is acceptable)

* To the right of the buckle (from the viewer's perspective), a single large snap or rivet should be visible about 1" (25.4 mm) from the buckle.

The Proper Way

crl_beltp.jpg

Buckle:

* The buckle should be constructed from a horizontally brushed metal, or metal looking material.

* The size should be 2 5/8" (66.7 mm) high and 4 1/8" (104.5 mm) wide with 0.5" (12.7 mm) radius rounded corners.

* Canon buckles have a slight horizontal curve.

* Buckles are adorned with a Imperial Code Disk at the center.

* Costumebase/Costumebay buckles are NOT acceptable (see below for comparison)

Why Costumebase buckles are not acceptable:

The Costumebase buckle is not acceptable for two main reasons. The corners are too round and the size is inaccurate. The cost of a CB belt & buckle is comparable to the cost of purchasing the parts and building your own more accurate belt, and because of that comparative cost, the CB buckle has been disqualified for 501st membership.

The Proper Way

duty_belt_jedixxl.jpg

The Crappy Way

buckle_cb.png

Boots:

* Knee-high, black, lace-less, non-textured, leather or leather-like material. Rubber is not acceptable.

* All uniforms wear high English dress riding style boots.

The Proper Way

crl_bootsd.jpg

Rank Bar:

o Worn on the left side of the tunic over the heart.

o Rank consists of colored plastic tiles mounted on metal bar.

o Each bar is 1" (25.4 mm) height, length is determined by chosen rank

o Rank tile dimensions are 1/2" (12.7 mm)width x 3/4" (19 mm) height and about 1/8" (3.2 mm).

o Tiles should be mounted with 1/4" (6.4 mm) spaces between them. Note: Some resources indicate some ranks are determined solely by wider spacing between tiles. However, it has not yet been confirmed whether such an occurrence was deliberate or a production aberration. Sources seem to indicate this through extrapolation, and is therefore not conclusive.

o Rank tiles are translucent. Color quantity and combinations are determined by rank, and should be appropriate to uniform type (examples: no Grand Moffs wore black uniforms with hats, Grand Admiral rank should match Grand Admiral uniform, etc.).

o Costumebase/Costumebay rank bars are NOT acceptable

Why Costumebase rank badges are not acceptable:

The Costumebase badge is not acceptable also for two main reasons. The material is a cheap foam rubber. The size is also vastly too large and disproportionate.

The Proper Way

crl_rankbar.jpg

The Build It Your Self Way (guide)

crl_rankbar_dimensions.jpg

Code Cylinders

o Between 1 to 4, tucked into small pockets in tunic by shoulders

o Chalk-holder/dosimeter style: silver tube with short clip, top should be colored blue

o X-Wing pilot style: machined aluminum rod with flaring disc detail at top (Admiral Motti style)

Suggested (encouraged, but not required)

Tunic:

o There is a dart of about 2" (50.8 mm) in the top center of the yoke.

o Additionally there is a seam running the entire circumference of the tunic, dividing it along a line hidden by the uniform belt.

crl_tunic_midseam.jpg

Rank badge:

o Double-row ranks should be constructed from separate pieces of one row each, rather than two rows of caps on a single metal backing piece.

Gloves:

o Black, leather or leather-like, enclosed fingered, non-textured, gauntlet length and fitted.

o No buckles, straps, decorative stitching, etc.

Belt Boxes:

o Dimensions are about 2 1/2" (63.5 mm) by 4 1/2" (114.3 mm) by 1" (25.4 mm) thick.

o Boxes can be worn either vertically or horizontally on either side of the belt buckle.

o One or two boxes can be worn on either the right or left side of the belt, and symmetry is not required.

Optional (encouraged, but not required)

Tunic

o The back of the tunic has princess seams that run vertically and turn outward to intersect the arm-hole seam at the vertical center.

Side-Arm

o Choice of E-11, DL-44, DH-17

o Holster in black leather or leather-like material appropriate to the side-arm carried.

o Holsters should not be worn without having a side-arm.

Special Variants and Characters

o Grand Admirals

+ Tunic and pants are in white fabric, constructed with details above.

+ Pants are the jodhpur-style with flares.

+ Boots are knee-high equestrian style.

+ Golden epaulets with tassles and a matching button head on the top board closest to the neck.

+ Rank bar should consist of two rows of six pips:

# Top row (from viewer's left to right): 3 blue, 3 yellow

# Bottom row: 3 blue, 3 red

And there she is, I will get some of my own up ASAP.

EDIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Domi_dress_mini.png

Thought this was interesting. I never have seen any other dress uniform but this one is from a tie pilot I believe. Notice the campaign ribbons and medals. Perhaps a ribbon for "Special" Troops like rose parade, D-con? Ideas?

Wow. I'm glad to see this idea getting so much response.

Although this idea might never be approved I really like the beret idea as a cover. If someone can tell me where to get some Spec Ops patches I think I'm going to buy a beret and make one to wear when I'm helping to wrangle for my garrison.

David, I think (as soon as I have some time) I'm going to go to an embroidery shop here in Lubbock to see if they can make a 1 1/2''-2'' spec ops patch. I'll gladly send you one after I get them. (This goes for who ever wants one too).

David, I think (as soon as I have some time) I'm going to go to an embroidery shop here in Lubbock to see if they can make a 1 1/2''-2'' spec ops patch. I'll gladly send you one after I get them. (This goes for who ever wants one too).

Wow, that'd be awesome brother. Let me know what you would charge for one and I'm definitely down.

Roger that, Can I get an Email?

Let's first get through the holidays. Also, we have plans for both a new Shirt, coin and patch run coming up next year for our S.O.S. anniversary. Maybe we can tack it onto that run, but only 501st members can create, distribute and buy 501st Legion branded merchandise. Further, any Spec Ops merchandise really should be handled by a Spec Ops member.

Unless Crazas states otherwise, I'm going to suggest that this be tabled until the Detachment can properly discuss it.

-iz

A word on the patches, Were going to have to wait (A. because I'm not a member of the 501st yet B. because of the new design for the patches C. because we need to get approval for them since they're going to be official 501st stuff).

I'll do my best to get everything taken care of.

• 4 weeks later...

Luis, il n'y aucun emportement, c'est toi qui traduit mal ce qu'il te dit. Nous sommes en train de réfléchir sur le merchandising pour le 6ème anniversaire des Special Ops. Une fois cela fait, nous (il?) verrons éventuellement pour ce patch de béret d'autant plus que Rotccole n'est pas encore membre 501st...

Sorry for writing in French, but I had to explain the situation to Luis. :rolleyes:

Check out her SEXY beret....I like it...

12305_1293006077764_1008648243_30733290_3973603_n.jpg

Always loved Marion's beret & she's a great trooper and friend as well. The unofficial off duty uniform had been black coveralls with the beret, but as a dress uniform, I like the Marine style one above with the the gold buttons and the rank bar. That looks sharp. With the johdper pants and shiny boots, it'd make an awesome 'unofficial" costume until some SW artist helps make it real. ;)

Maybe we need to do a beret flash run, like fellow trooper Joe Linden suggested in the past.