Eager to Join the 501st - Imperial Shadow Stormtrooper

I spoke with GML in the Star Garrison and i was pointed to this Form. I want to build Imperial Shadow Stormtrooper. But first i want to meet local members for guidance in building and equipment purchase. I live in Sugar Land Texas.

I also would like to know what are the different grades of accuracy. I was interested in buying ANOVOS Imperial Shadow Stormtrooper and wanted to know if this would meet or exceed the 501st standards.

Thank you so much.

So far ,and dont quote me for this the Guys at White Armor ,and their Detachment Leader seem impressed with the Details on their Armor ,and is should meet Basic Requirements at the very least ,and should be EIB with a few mods ,but then again I warn you that I'm not an Official 501st Member ,but I've done my Research.

The Anovos kit looks *really* good to me. All the details are sharp, and the plastic is nice and flexible. Plus, every piece is protected by a plastic film which you can take off after trimming and sanding. The black kit is SHINY. Like, *really* shiny.

The armor in these videos is all prototype stuff but it gives you a good idea of what to expect.

Also, do yourself a favor and follow this thread.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

The guy building that Anovos suit is an expert. And you can apply all the same techniques to your black kit.

• Like 1
The Anovos kit looks *really* good to me. All the details are sharp, and the plastic is nice and flexible. Plus, every piece is protected by a plastic film which you can take off after trimming and sanding. The black kit is SHINY. Like, *really* shiny.
The armor in these videos is all prototype stuff but it gives you a good idea of what to expect. Also, do yourself a favor and follow this thread. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/ The guy building that Anovos suit is an expert. And you can apply all the same techniques to your black kit.

Thank you so much I also found Trooperbay on youtube it seems to be a very good how to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjzkl3OIIiLfM9fugort2pQ

Javan I am the Star Garrison South only Shadow Trooper right now.

We have 1 more being built but he is a long way from completion.

Join the group on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/296336407050926/

This is Star Garrisons recruit page.

If you have any questions let me know.

Anovos should be fine for any approval. It's as accurate as any other. However even in kit form it will need some TLC and also regardless of if the kit is listed as approvable it is 100% based on how it's built and how it fits. I've seen armor from well known makers fail and not be approvable to due building mistakes.

Javan I am the Star Garrison South only Shadow Trooper right now.

We have 1 more being built but he is a long way from completion.

Join the group on facebook https://www.facebook...96336407050926/

This is Star Garrisons recruit page.

If you have any questions let me know.

Anovos should be fine for any approval. It's as accurate as any other. However even in kit form it will need some TLC and also regardless of if the kit is listed as approvable it is 100% based on how it's built and how it fits. I've seen armor from well known makers fail and not be approvable to due building mistakes.

Was the other Shadow Trouper at the LEGO event here in Houston last week end if so i spoke to him. Very positive and showed me his Helmet. I will put in my oreder this week. Thank you for reaching out.

Was the other Shadow Trouper at the LEGO event here in Houston last week end if so i spoke to him. Very positive and showed me his Helmet. I will put in my oreder this week. Thank you for reaching out.

No the only Shadow in Houston is me.. so you spoke to me.

there was a Shadow Scout that got approved on Saturday there with me Sunday.

No the only Shadow in Houston is me.. so you spoke to me.

there was a Shadow Scout that got approved on Saturday there with me Sunday.

Then that complement was to you.

Quick question i noticed that your helmet has black lenses and the decals are lighter than that comes or was shown on Anovos site. Will i need to change the lenses and decals?

Then that complement was to you.

Quick question i noticed that your helmet has black lenses and the decals are lighter than that comes or was shown on Anovos site. Will i need to change the lenses and decals?

No way to know. We haven't seen a production anovos shadow. Shadows have a wide variety of CRL accepted colors for lenses. My stripes are flat black as they should be though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I work part time for a Custom Gun Company and trying to get all the Specs for E-11 Blaster. I Spoke with the owner and he is very eager to build an E-11 Blaster. What is the correct reference i can use to build one?

• 2 months later...

Found this E-11 Blaster but still not sure if this will pass.

I have my Boots and Black Shoulder Pauldron but still waiting on Anovos to ship my Kit.

I would like to get excepted to the 501st higher than Basic. If any of you know where to buy a good E-11 Blaster please let me know.

Thanks

I have my Boots and Black Shoulder Pauldron but still waiting on Anovos to ship my Kit.

I would like to get excepted to the 501st higher than Basic. If any of you know where to buy a good E-11 Blaster please let me know.

Thanks

There is an excellent E11 reference guide on the FISD forum at whitearmor.net.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks

I bought that same blaster a year ago, after I ordered my Anovos Shadow kit. I was approved with the weapon as a Reserve TIE Pilot, and have the Disney/Anovos TIE Helmet coming and Targ armor (to go full TIE Pilot). Anxiously awaiting the Shadow kits to ship...I'm expecting the end of June. Then TX, here I come. ;) The QuestDesignCanada blaster is adequate, but will only pass for L1. It seems durable enough, but I wanted more.

Yesterday I ordered this blaster:

http://www.ebay.com/...a-/231925095346

It looks awesome, and he shipped it today. I'll start the build on it next week when it arrives.

Here's his demo video of it:

• Like 1
I bought that same blaster a year ago, after I ordered my Anovos Shadow kit. I was approved with the weapon as a Reserve TIE Pilot, and have the Disney/Anovos TIE Helmet coming and Targ armor (to go full TIE Pilot). Anxiously awaiting the Shadow kits to ship...I'm expecting the end of June. Then TX, here I come. ;) The QuestDesignCanada blaster is adequate, but will only pass for L1. It seems durable enough, but I wanted more.

Yesterday I ordered this blaster:

http://www.ebay.com/...a-/231925095346

It looks awesome, and he shipped it today. I'll start the build on it next week when it arrives.

Here's his demo video of it:

Do a lot of 3-D printing so if you want to smooth down the print and not have to do a lot of sanding use acetone on a little paintbrush. It will help with the print lines. Let it dry and sand, also instead of glue use acetone on both parts let the ABS get tacky the ABS will bond and you can sand it with no joining lines.

Do a lot of 3-D printing so if you want to smooth down the print and not have to do a lot of sanding use acetone on a little paintbrush. It will help with the print lines. Let it dry and sand, also instead of glue use acetone on both parts let the ABS get tacky the ABS will bond and you can sand it with no joining lines.

Thanks for the tip...sounds easy enough.

• 4 weeks later...
lucky for me when I'm done we will have 3 shadows in our garrison I'm in the qld redbacks and I have a wtf kit in process atm bucket done just finishing rest off
waiting on AM2 kit as soon as it gets here. I will go full out kick butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiting on AM2 kit as soon as it gets here. I will go full out kick butt.

I want to have it done before comic Pelouze.

• 1 month later...