Shadow Scouts Canon?

RAIDER

So...I just received my latest issue of the Darth Vader comics under Marvel (canon right?)...check out the bottom left of the cover (the Snowtrooper is lit by the AT-AT blaster fire...but that scout is clearly black as night)...

90e27a6e-234f-4cb2-8e01-bed3978395f3_zpsss8voukf.jpg

I haven't read the issue yet to see if they actually appear in storyline or not, but what would this mean for Shadow Scouts status in the Disney-owned Star Wars universe?

P.S. Photo won't be on my photobucket long. Don't want to leave it up or cause any issues...just a quick peek.

Except that's the bottom RIGHT corner lol. After reading the comic...the scouts DO NOT appear in the issue (neither do Snowtrooopers or TIE Pilots). They are just on the cover.

BUT....

This is the main cover...not a variant. Could this actually qualify it for canon or would they have had to appeared in the story? Who decides that...Disney? I NEED AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT!!!!! :laugh1:

• 1 month later...

To my understanding (based on a starwars.com article and wikipedia lol) is that all PRE-Disney EU is now called SW Legends.

The only pre Disney canon material are films and Clobe Wars.

However...

Everything POST-Disney regardless of source is considered canon on equal status w films...including novels and comics. Apparently it all has (or is supposed to have) continuity as it all filters thru the Disney Star Wars team.

Anywho...thats mostly from Wikipedia so who knows how accurate that is.

Sidenote...did u see the new elite stormtroopers concepts appearing in Star Wars #21? I think I found a use for my Anovos kit.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

To my understanding (based on a starwars.com article and wikipedia lol) is that all PRE-Disney EU is now called SW Legends.

The only pre Disney canon material are films and Clobe Wars.

However...

Everything POST-Disney regardless of source is considered canon on equal status w films...including novels and comics. Apparently it all has (or is supposed to have) continuity as it all filters thru the Disney Star Wars team.

Anywho...thats mostly from Wikipedia so who knows how accurate that is.

Sidenote...did u see the new elite stormtroopers concepts appearing in Star Wars #21? I think I found a use for my Anovos kit.

That is correct anything post wipe is Canon now.. Marval Comics count. as does all books past that cutoff that Disney has signed off on.. Tarkin, Lords of the Sith, Dark Disciple, Lost Stars, all "Journey to the Force Awakens books etc.. all canon. etc..