Star Wars Battlefront: Phase 0 Darktrooper

hey guys I've made a bit more progress, pics on the rpf. School holidays now so I wont be updating till next week. But good news is I have most of the prototype suit pulled so I'll be able to do a quick tape together soon

Nice one you fulla's that IS an awesome first draft! I had a quick read through I need to go back over and compare against my build. I really like the way it's shaping up though pretty much nailed it I reckon :)

What's the best way to make comments or suggestions to the draft?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys yeah it's like a 'bad tempered' stormtrooper or something! I'm pleased that the attitude is coming out of the sculpt. it'll be interesting to see how much translates through to the vac formed piece. It's definitely been a challenge working off low polygon count images with no curvature :)

• 2 months later...

hey all been quiet on this for a few months but have finally got some more time to push it along. Here's a mock up of the jet pack I'm pretty happy with how this has turned out.

20161019_140227%20563x640_zps2opjqivl.jpg

Got a few mods to do to the helmet form then I am going to vac another one. The armour is getting a test fit this weekend on my model so more updates soon

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

hey all finally finally I've given the jetpack a basic paintjob. I'm trying to decide when it needs weathering or not. I'm tempted to leave it clean for now maybe add some life to it after a test run

anyway only got the helmet to finish now. I am going to revisit the bucket shape and some of the faceplate details and then I'll hopefully be able to build finish this beast.

I'm having trouble posting pics here now photobucket has gone to the darkside so for pics please look here:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=263170&page=5

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey all well the prototype suit is done and has been worn. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. There has been err rather more interest in the armour than I was expecting I am on the back foot a bit while I get organised and see if I can turn out some suits.

Pics on my facebook page cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/ootagoota/

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Dude! I just realized you're the guy! Lol

I remember seeing your in-progress pics on the SWNZ message boards!

I had no idea you were here as well! That's so great!

You did an amazing job. Very well done, mate!