Shadow Trooper ATA Build - Its On!

Ok, here I go!

Getting my list together for what I will need to purchase. I have looked over the forums and found some cool stuff and links. I want to get 501st approved so Let me know if I get anything wrong if you would.

My list:

TX Boots - LINK

Black Canvas Belt - LINK

Holster - I'm alternating my TK holster with my TX. Darman is sending me TX Straps so I can change out when I need to. The CRL says: The holster may be attached from behind with rivets. On my TK, it is Chicago Screws. Is this ok? (UPDATE 7-14) Got my straps in today!

Helmet - Having some nerve damage in my hands, it is hard for me to paint. I am going with the decals like I did on my TK. Flat Black. - LINK

Inner Drop Boxes - Ideas?

Ok, so far I think this is all I need to look at to get going. Gloves, Under Armor, Neck Seal and all I already have. The one thing I will do different on this build is change the glue method. I went with Zap-A-Gap and Zip Kicker on my TK. Drove me nuts trying to be careful. I'm going to E6000 this one. Any videos would be nice to see. I just need to know what I do with it. Sand the areas that will be glued? What about cleaning up the glue that comes out? Etc. Thank you all and can't wait to hear from you.

post-3072-0-58678800-1468172437_thumb.jpg

post-3072-0-65884800-1468172438_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

First, E6000 will be great. I'm using it on my TX build and used it on my TK build.

Second, you're basically doing the same build as a TK but it's black. I've been using my TK as a base for measurements.

One thing I'm not familiar with is the helmet assembly. I'm going to watch TrooperBay's videos on it.

Good luck, man! If you built a TK then you'll knock the TX out too.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First, E6000 wok be great. I'm using it on my TX build and used it on my TK build.

Second, you're basically doing the same build as a TK but it's black. I've been using my TK as a base for measurements.

One thing I'm not familiar with its threw helmet assembly. I'm going to watch TrooperBay's videos on it.

Good luck, man! Of you built a TK then you'll knock the TX out too.

I was planning on using my TK as a guide since I got it to fit me just right. I watched TB's videos until I felt like I could take on the build. It really helped. Look forward to maybe catching you in Dallas next year at the Fan Expo!

• Like 1

Are you in the Star Garrison? I'm in Plano.

It's a deal, but we both wear our TX armors. We'll make everyone jealous.

Sounds Great! No I am in the Diamond Garrison, Arkansas. My friend has a big booth he sets up at Expos. I went with them and took my TK.

• Like 1

Picked up my ATA kit. There are a few things that I will need to look into during the build. I noticed on the inside of the cap and back, ATA WORKS 2013 TR. I guess this was sitting for three years. The armor has some scuffs which I think will come out with a little work. The only thing that is driving me nuts is the cap and back. I have seen some nice ones but this one has some issues. I would like to look at getting another one. Here is the face.

Untitled-3_zpseqdw0wuq.jpg

Untitled-2_zpsk6xqgxkz.jpg

Untitled-1_zpsdgia3fhj.jpg

Doing a little at a time with work picking up a bit. Got started trimming the ears and got the helmet screwed together. Chest plate done ( Needs shoulder straps, elastic and snaps) and hand plates done.

Untitled-6_zpsnqwecqnn.jpg

Untitled-4_zpsilingo6v.jpg

Untitled-3_zpspjvuix8u.jpg

Untitled-5_zpsipywuycg.jpg

And I love this shot of my helmet out back.

Untitled-7_zpsl0ir2gao.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Been busy with school starting back up so I am a little slow working on my build. But I did manage to get some stuff painted tonight. Not much, but it counts.

Flat Black

Untitled-14_zpsrku6nbhx.jpg

Frown Metallic Silver and vocoder Flat Black

Untitled-13_zpswzgdgoss.jpg

Untitled-12_zpsub1shxw1.jpg

Untitled-15_zpsvrrlcf6x.jpg

Ok, I forgot to post during the long week. I got my decals in Thursday morning and got them on. I was surprised that the tube strips were silver and not black, which I think that I ordered black. But, I like the silver a lot. Will this hurt my getting approval? I just have to put mesh behind the frown, paint the ears, add padding, paint the screws black and put the screens in the Mic tips.

Untitled-19_zpstf3zkown.jpg

Untitled-17_zpslp7litlr.jpg

Untitled-18_zpsqyhbon6s.jpg

It looks really good but the tube stripes should be black. I do sort of like the silver but that's not on the current CRL. You should really swap those out for approval.

http://databank.501s...ow_stormtrooper

I seen the CRL before I ordered. I will order new ones at the end of the build. Looks cool right now though. :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...