Death Trooper - Soft Parts

This thread will detail the specific soft parts of the Death Trooper and shall be updated with any new details/information that comes to light during the research and building of this costume.

Neckseal and Poncho

The neckseal and attached poncho are made from the similar fabric however the first has horizontal ribs and the latter has vertical. Furthermore the neckseal has a gloss or semi-gloss finish but the poncho may have a matt finish.

2016-10-01_04-10-19_zpsrzp3knuw_edit_1475334700988_zpseewd3y80.jpg

The horizontal ribs on the neckseal are 8mm wide matching those on the elbow and knee Gaskets, but the vertical ribs on the poncho are 6mm wide.

There is evidence that the neckseal (and maybe the poucho) has a concealed vertical join at be back of the neck which is hidden by the helmet and raised neck plate on the back armour.

SAM_2053_zpszmsge8g3.jpg

The poncho extends from across the shoulders to under the shoulder armour and vertically down behind the cheat/back armour to a point just above the bottom of those plates so as not to be seen.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Is anyone going to be grabbing a pair of gloves from endorfinders.com?

I was going to but have managed to find some cheap alternatives in a local discount store that I believe I can modify so gonna give that a go first.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I thought I had alternatives but looks like Endor is the only option for me :)

And the research and building will become obsessional too! Lol.

Sent from the comfort of my padded cell!!!!!

Is anyone going to be grabbing a pair of gloves from endorfinders.com?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Apologies, we are really bummed it won't be happening too but the sewing detail is quite intricate, the time per unit is fairly excessive.

It's definitely possible to make..just a time sink

To put it in another perspective, shore took near 15 hrs to produce just the shirt/jacket. While DT has in addition: pants, knees, and front/back apron, all with near the same level of stitched detail.

• Like 1

Aye, I agree w Mark, the strapping exits the undersuit and this one has a cushion.

I'd imagine this is a cushion and is similar in design to the seat belt padding that is sold.

The cushions pushes away from the thigh and allows for more fluid moment when the armor rides up during walking. Makes sense

Following the entry for CRL updates to soft parts..

Mark, initial post shows vertical ribbing is 4mm. However the horizontal ribbing located to the immed left under the shoulder bell is 3-4mm. Holding true on the fine rib sizing transitioning over from ST discussions, appears this one is black of course :).

So with the fine rib at 4mm. Can we edit the others to reflect a 6 to 8mm. I would say near 8 as each one is 3 dimensional and has a D shaped deep curvature.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Just an FYI.

Sister Margaret's is going through wave 1 and is a much smaller operation compared to Jims team. Especially his turnaround time from order to delivery is outstanding.

Sister Margaret's is similar to other vendors that shut down during production simply due to size.

Thankfully there are plenty of options out there to get these suits out. ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3