DT shoulder strap and buckle question

Hey all !!

not sure if anyone else is doing this but ive got a set of tk white armour and i'll be using this as my base for the death trooper ..im starting on the shoulder straps for the time being and lasercutting / machining the buckles .. anyone know if the straps are 2" wide or 1 1/2 " wide ?? and also is the raised sections on the strap custom or off the shelf ????

cheers for any info

Hi mate. I am casting from the original found parts that make up the shoulder buckles. Based on their dimensions the strap is approx. 46mm wide. It is suspected that the straps are cut from rubber matting or timing/conveyor belt material but I don't know of anyone that has located the correct material yet.

20160815_234022_zpsirux8jxm.jpg

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

hey there

brilliant .. they look awsome by the way .. do you know if there is any good close up ref pics of the strap as ive got a pretty good supplier who does timing belts//pulleys etc ..could put the pic onto him and see if he comes up with anything

cheers

paul

• Like 1

do you know if there is any good close up ref pics of the strap as ive got a pretty good supplier who does timing belts//pulleys etc

The shoulders buckles are two in one (i think they have welded them). The little one can be easily found on the web. The another one on the top is a buckle from a Martin Baker ejection set. I've contacted the manufacturer.. 995$ each.. Can not be found anywhere else on web..

• Like 1
hey there

brilliant .. they look awsome by the way .. do you know if there is any good close up ref pics of the strap as ive got a pretty good supplier who does timing belts//pulleys etc ..could put the pic onto him and see if he comes up with anything

cheers

paul

Thanks. Check out my post in the sales thread if you need any ;)

The closest thing to a close up I have is this:

SAM_2077_zpswdvdf4cc_edit_1469108613246_zpsfapm0x7l.jpg

And this:

SAM_2085_zpstapdya6b.jpg

Oh, and for interest here is a photo of the original buckle components that I am casting from:

20160727_195346_zpsup84mv9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk