What are the differences between shadow trooper and Krennic's elite guards?

Hi. They are a completely different breed of Trooper :) Take a look under the TX Costumes Pending Approval. There is CRL under development there with loads of reference material.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Yeah, the spec ops ones in the movie are called Advanced Weapons Research Troopers. Makes sense in regards to Krennic. The term "death trooper" was given before Disney gave them an official name.

Death Troopers are zombies, there is a CRL for them. They have their own novel.

Shadows are from the comics, novels, and games. I noticed that the ones in the movie didn't ever use a stealth mode, which Shadows have.

Yeah, the Death Troopers from RO were created at the Advanced Weapons Research facility on Eadu. They became Krennic's personal guard. It appears that most died during the battles that ensued in the movie (hope you've seen it). Whereas the Shadow Stormtroopers (aka Blackhole Stormtroopers) come from the Star Wars EU and worked with Agent Blackhole. Both are part of the Spec Ops family, but totally different in design and nature.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_stormtrooper

• Like 1

Yeah, the spec ops ones in the movie are called Advanced Weapons Research Troopers. Makes sense in regards to Krennic. The term "death trooper" was given before Disney gave them an official name.

Death Troopers are zombies, there is a CRL for them. They have their own novel.

Shadows are from the comics, novels, and games. I noticed that the ones in the movie didn't ever use a stealth mode, which Shadows have.

Funny enough, Disney had given them the name, but then they changed it because of the negative connotation. All the convention displays, program info, and licensed merch was given the death trooper name (and most still bear it). The original death troopers (zombie) no longer exactly fall into canon because of the EU legacy split in 2014, at least not in the traditional sense. It would be pretty entertaining for one of the star wars story movies to be a horror death trooper movie...won't happen, but that would be awesome.

• Like 2

Thank you all for the information. Much as I know the movies (and alot I can't remember), I know nothing about EU, Rebels, or anything else that is Star Wars Universe. My eight year old son seems to be a walking encyclopedia for it, but that isn't really going to help as he tends to mix and match it up as he sees fit.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

There are, shadow Stormtroopers are the black version of their white counterparts. There are two different shadow troopers, one of which is from the Jedi Knight series and then in battlefront where they are essentially shadow Stormtroopers.

Am I right in thinking the battlefront Shadow Troopers wear a ROTJ variant black suit with a white cog on the chest?

A Shadow Stormtrooper/Blackhole Trooper is, as you mentioned a black version of an ANH TK

I don't know much about the older Shadow Troopers, didn't they carry light Sabers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk