Interested in a shadow scout

Well I think I'm done with full armor, got my Nova and finishing off my clone, and the scout seems like a perfect compromise. I have not settled down to locating a kit yet however... as I am wondering if it is better to locate a Black ABS kit or if painting up some armor would yield acceptable results.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a tad a bit harder to grab due to timeing and the makers doing em in batches a black capped one but it does exist. I went for the painted up one for economical reasons but it can pull it off but bound to constantly touch up unless you dont mind the weathered look

Having black ABS and knowing how hard it is to keep it shined up and scratch free, I'd hold out for an ABS kit, because I can't imagine the constant work a painted kit would require. But that's me. If you have to scout now, then by all means, paint it up and scout now. B)

well lucked out with my Nova, so I would prefer Black ABS... I have some feelers out so I'll hold out as long as I can.

Do we have any pics of A SCOUT CONCEPT RIFLE (Carbine)

I have a lead on a scout costume so I may be going the painted route at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a great deal on a TB, so looks like I'll be going the painted route, just need to look everything over and see what I need to finish off... And I'll need to make new boots.I have some old sniper boots I may use as a base for my shadow scout boots, repaint everything and finish off some minor details but I believe I should the shadow scout ready pretty quick.

Now the hold out blaster is included, but what else can a shadow scout carry? Not to keen on the rocket launcher, so is an e-11 a possibility or should I try something else?

Now the hold out blaster is included, but what else can a shadow scout carry? Not to keen on the rocket launcher, so is an e-11 a possibility or should I try something else?

I'd go with the Rocket launcher, if I could replicate it... it has a source! :D Otherwise, normal scouts can carry the carbine and DLT-19s, so you could probably slip those into troops.

-iz

Armor just came in today, need to set down and get to work now. Going to take the armor to friend and see what we need to do. The boots actually fit so I'm hoping we can salvage them. Any here is a link to the some pics of what I'm starting with.

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp57/sa3X/TB%20White/

Drooped it off at a friends, he has the space and tools... ;> But I picked up a new holster and a new tank topper so I'll see whats up and drop in later and get some pics, cummerbund came out well I'll get a pic or two of that shortly.

Can you even see the rank stripes?

• 3 weeks later...