Paint Sources for R1 Death Trooper

Tamiya do a metallic black with a fine fleck so it shouldn't look too silver. I believe the reference code is TS-40. I think this is what Tom used when he resprayed his armour.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
Tamiya do a metallic black with a fine fleck so it shouldn't look too silver. I believe the reference code is TS-40. I think this is what Tom used when he resprayed his armour.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks! Just ordered a couple cans in hopes that they will be here before Celebration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts about the Testors Flat Gunmetal, or Dupli-Color " perfect match" Gunmetal metalic. Premium automitive paint? I also tend to like hand brushing instead of spraying things and I was never any good with an airbrush much less masking.

• 3 months later...

Any thoughts about the Testors Flat Gunmetal, or Dupli-Color " perfect match" Gunmetal metalic. Premium automitive paint? I also tend to like hand brushing instead of spraying things and I was never any good with an airbrush much less masking.

I used the Dupli-Color Graphite Mica Metallic (code BMZ1160) on my helmet for contrast. On the armor, I will probably use the Gunmetal Metallic (BGM0536) - it is a bit lighter than the Graphite, I used it for the base color on my Sean Bradley ODST Armor :)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...