Imperials Special Forces [Star Wars Battlefront 2]

Hi all,

Well I guess somes of you have seen the new Star Wars Battlefront2 trailer. Amazing, i'm excited about it. :D

What did you think about the new armor ? This new soldier, this team of Imperial Special Forces.. They looks like at the 181st Pilot costume..

At the moment we don't know a whole lot.

But it's safe to assume that they will be here. They are after all special forces.

So i would say they are tailor made for this detachment.

Costume doesn't look overcomplicated either which is nice.

So far there are three variations:

Leader.

TK Belt.

Scout belt.

But the basic costume is more or less a tie pilot without the hoses. Armour appears to be more in line with Rogue One armour with the strap scoops that are seen on R! TK's and shoretroopers.

Looking at the trailer the flightsuit is the same, just need to have a red stripe along the right arm and down from under the armpit to the bottom of the right leg. Same pocket configuration.

Both imperial cogs are replaced with spec ops patches.

ROTJ blaster

Variations:

Leader:

Tie Pilot helmet

Tie chest and TK back

Tie pilot box

Flightsuit

commpad

Shoulder pauldron

Gauntlet gloves

Crewman boots

TK belt with drop boxes and TD on the back.

E-11 holster on left side

Optional. That little droid. Looks like what the Seventh sister had in Rebels. Attaches to the back.

TK Belt:

Tie Pilot helmet

Tie chest and TK back

Tie pilot box

Flightsuit

commpad

Imperial belt, used on crewman and officers

Gauntlet gloves

Crewman boots

TK belt to be worn slung over the top of chest

Scout belt:

Gauntlet gloves

Crewman boots

Tie Pilot helmet

Tie chest and TK back

Tie pilot box

Flightsuit

commpad

Black MP40 pouch with added pocket

Scout trooper belt with drop boxes

Three boxes that sit below the pilot box

• Like 1

I'd like to point out that the chest armor they are wearing is TK chest armor not TIE chest armor. TK chest armor has a curve at the bottom while the TIE armor is flat along the bottom edge. Also the shoulder straps are TK shoulder straps. The connection for the straps on the back plate are the same as the TK connections from Rogue One.

• Like 1

So, who decides where a costume belongs? And how long do you figure it will take to decide?

At the end of the day decision falls to the LMO. Some times, only one detachment is showing any interest in the costume and brings it into being and the decision is obvious. If in other cases multiple detachments are vying for it, each will have to make their case to the LMO who makes the final decision.

• Like 1

New here, but hoping to help form the CRL for this costume. Naming wise, Imperial Spec Ops is too general. I would think the name should be along the same as its called in the game/book: Inferno Squad Trooper.

Here is what I have noted so far, similar to what Bell has written:

different variations

- main character has red/black striped shoulder piece' date=' looks like pleather or material same as pauldron. shadowtrooper belt, tie helmet/box/back pieces but no tubes from helmet to box

- there is a variation with no or black shoulder piece, shadow scout belt, tie helmet and back piece but no chest box, shoulder ammo pouches (like deathtroopers), chest ammo pack (like heavy troopers)

- there is a variation with no or black shoulder piece, officer belt, tie helmet/box/back pieces but no tubes from helmet to box, and what looks like a shorter version of the shadowtrooper belt worn across chest from left shoulder down to right hip. the shoulder belt main part seems to be worn across the front with a connecting fabric over the shoulder (and over hip) that connects it to another belt part that goes over the back armor just the same as the front belt part (2 shadowtrooper main belt parts connected by a short fabric piece that goes over the shoulder and hip).

There are other combinations of the above 3, with all inferno squad having:

- the same helmet design with red paint details, inferno squad logo over right eye and imperial cog over left eye, red bubble lenses, mohawk is dark grey with black arrow-like detail pointing backwards from the front, dark grey/black frown with mesh between teeth

- the same rear piece and front piece, but some do not have the box on the front

- the same design for the black suit (with red inferno logo on each shoulder), black gloves, black boots

- have a black holster on their left side (same style and side of body as ANH stormtroopers)

- shadowtrooper shoulder straps

- shadowtrooper front armor plate

- e-11 blaster

Seems like aside from the main details listed above, they share parts from other spec ops armors (shadowtrooper, shadow scout, deathtrooper, etc). Helmets are sometimes seen with no details in the front tube ports and sometimes its a silver piece that resembles the imperial cog or similar[/quote']

myself and a couple of buddies who all play together all the time are considering doing this. il not much of a crl person but did want to express interest for sure

• Like 1

The JRS ? Seriously ? LOL

They just see the helmet.. "Oh ! A tie pilot helmet ! It's a pilot, it's for us !"

No, no guys.. Special Forces is for the SpecOpsDet.

Straight from the game's website

Forge a new path as Iden Versio, commander of Inferno Squad—an Imperial special forces unit equally lethal on the ground and in space.

We don't know enough about these troops at the moment to make a decision about whether they are strictly ground troops, or are pilots as well. No harm in trying to gather as much information about these suits as possible in the interm. 181st is technically special forces as well.

Guys, JRS will end up with a claim on this and please be respectful of our fellow detachments. I'm playing devils advocate here, because it can go both ways. Keep in mind, Inferno Squad is short for Inferno Squadron...Like a flight squadron. Everything I am reading suggest this is a pilot group fighting on the ground. That could be wrong. We'll need to get more info to confirm what the backstory is. I am not opposed to it coming here, let's just make sure it makes sense.

• Like 2

Actually the squad part of the name is just squad, not short for squadron

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Battlefront_II:_Inferno_Squad

But yes, this could still end up under JRS. In that link it says the Imperial Navy created the squad, but does not mention (nor did the author or dev team mention) them being pilots. However the game itself has a squad member call themselves special forces, and the author and dev team said this as well at the panel. I'm going to build the armor regardless which detachment gets it. I just think it should be Spec Ops. Much like Death Troopers are Spec Ops despite being officially called a version of Stormtrooper.

We will know more when the book comes out on July 25th

I'm just curious as to which is actually the official procedure to decide in which detachment a new suit will be. I know some people are almost done building it, so what happens after? They have to wait until it is decided in which detachment i'll be? Or can it be approved before that decision is made?

I don't even have a full year as a member so... many gaps in my knowledge of how it all works in the Legion

All, myself, the JRS detachment leader, and our LMO liaison are all discussing the costume. Placement is going to require more information to know for sure if this is a pilot or strictly ground trooper. That information will come in new information on Battlefront 2 and also the July tie-in novel. For the time being, let's hold off discussing placement - that conversation will come later. For now, let's focus on what we need to do with any costume, develop a CRL for it. I've created an Inferno Squad section on the forum under our pending costumes and created a CRL thread placeholder. I'll also be moving this post to that forum.

http://forum.specops501st.com/index.php?/forum/129-inferno-squad-special-forces-trooper-battlefront-2/

Let's please all place our efforts into developing the CRL at this time. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1