Star Wars Battlefront... New trooper?

I watched the new Battlefront II trailer today, and the main character was a "Stormtrooper", as they state. It is enforced they are special ops. They appear to be simlar in appearance to an AT-AT driver. This is the description of the trailer:

Live the untold Star Wars story of Iden, an elite Stormtrooper, in an original single-player story. Battle on land and in space in an expanded multiplayer experience with iconic heroes and villains, thrilling space battles, and a deep progression and customization system.

WYS1ieF.jpg

8yfJB3k.jpg

0E5Q4mt.jpg

JymtfNl.jpg

MK24i3i.jpg

qeYSBEh.jpg

pm7LwCb.jpg

7Jyc1tW.jpg

I saw this too and am quite interested in doing it as a costume. I thought it was a TIE helmet myself, given the chest box and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they do both flight and ground ops (not 100% certain on that though). Interestingly, given that those shots are from when the 2nd Death Star blows up (ROTJ) the pilots chest box seems to be the ANH version.

Keep in mind these thoughts are only based on the pics posted above as more information comes out to support I can make a better assessment.

I personally view this as a tricked out Tie pilot Spec Ops and if that is the case it should go to JRS. That is just keeping it real its like with the clones they have special operations clones but they are clones and are in the CTD detachment. Looking at this costume and the majority of it is basically tie pilot items it would make more since to be in the JRS since that is their specialty.

I think that is just being fair and realistic about it.I am all for spec ops and getting more and more costumes but especially after what happened with the shoretrooper thing I think in my opinion should hold back on trying to claim this one taking into consideration the costume details etc. If JRS goes for the claim(which i think they are) and the LMO says it goes to us at least it wouldnt be a fiasco like the shoretrooper incident.

Thoughts?

I don't know all of the "politics" behind placing CRLs or about what happened w/ the Shoretrooper...BUT...what I do know is that regardless of where it's placed, it's for the greater good of the Legion and at the end of the day it's just a costume (#firstworldproblems). Nothing to get bent over.

That being said, I would say Spec Ops has a very strong case for it so why not have some fun and give it a shot. It's named by the game itself as Special Forces...authors of the campaign mode have written other specifically named Spec Ops stories.

From my limited perspective, it would seem that the "look" of a costume doesn't/shouldn't dictate it's placement...more of it's purpose and place in the SW Universe. I liken it to Shadow TKs not being in the FISD as well as Shadow/Swamp Scouts not being in Pathfinders (and there are 2 clone trooper CRLs in Pathfinders as well so even that crosses over)...the "look" just doesn't seem like the driving factor. It would be cool to have more Disney canon gear in here. Worst case they say no and we move on.

But hey...that's just my 2 cents. Either way, my Battlefront gaming squad and I are eyeing it. :shok:

I personally view this as a tricked out Tie pilot Spec Ops and if that is the case it should go to JRS. That is just keeping it real its like with the clones they have special operations clones but they are clones and are in the CTD detachment. Looking at this costume and the majority of it is basically tie pilot items it would make more since to be in the JRS since that is their specialty.

I tend to agree with you. I'm sure Steve is planning to reach out to the JRS DL and discuss things.

I don't know all of the "politics" behind placing CRLs or about what happened w/ the Shoretrooper...BUT...what I do know is that regardless of where it's placed, it's for the greater good of the Legion and at the end of the day it's just a costume (#firstworldproblems). Nothing to get bent over.

I do, and was involved from the Pathfinder and Spec Ops detachment sides. Things got ugly...unfortunately.

I do, and was involved from the Pathfinder and Spec Ops detachment sides. Things got ugly...unfortunately.

That's too bad. :(

I just traded for a JRS coin in case lol.

After watching the SWC Panel I heard a lot of this special forces etc etc. Proficiency in both air and ground combat was mentioned and again special operatives. I do like how Spec Ops is described as most devote, have that hard core training/skills, and commitment to the Empire.

Now I guess my question which i think they can only answer is why make it look like a tie if its supposed to be a special forces trooper?

that by far makes it confusing and leads to a lot of ambiguity.

So I do agree with David that there is a reason to go for it based on what the developers have said about this character and their functionality. But its bloody annoying the way it looks resembles too much tie in my opinion.

Best of luck to any attempting this costume and hopefully things go way smoother than the bloody shoretroopers oye.

• Like 1

I don't think the argument "it looks like a tie" so it should be JRS holds weight. A shadow trooper is just a black stormtrooper and they are here because the are special forces. I think the description of them being special forces and that they can easily be differentiated from the "regular" Ties lends more credence to them ending up here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1