Weir accepted?

We have one here, he just needed to redo the front of his belt for final approval. That was before CV and he was there wearing it. Haven't heard anything on it since though.

As seen here (from left to right : Bro Browning, Kevin Lyons, Izzi, and me peeping over the balcony)

41188_447633817358_664267358_6226811_2945110_n.jpg

I need to track down Shadow...

huh could of sworn I saw one on the boards, less he just applied as a basic shadow scout... I was always made to understand that someone needs to present a completed costume before it can be up for approval.

Yes, you did that was "Shadow" I was speaking of. He's kind of disappeared. I may have to track hiom down through his garrison. And yes, usually a costume has to be presented but there have been exceptions. i.e. When the Elite Nova was approved it automatically made the Basic Nova an option to be pursued without further discussion. This may have happened with Weir.

We have one here, he just needed to redo the front of his belt for final approval. That was before CV and he was there wearing it. Haven't heard anything on it since though.

As seen here (from left to right : Bro Browning, Kevin Lyons, Izzi, and me peeping over the balcony)

41188_447633817358_664267358_6226811_2945110_n.jpg

Yeah, I heard Kev may have been having some difficulty with his GML spouting the "rule of 3" (which doesn't exist). I never saw it presented to the LMO for approval review either. i sent Shadow an email, so hopefully we'll hear back.

Why were you looking over the balcony? The cameras were the other way.

-iz

I see... I'm looking into acquiring two TB's one to keep as a TB and one to be a Shadow scout, possibly a Wier... It would help is the Bacara would move! I've heard the "rule of 3" mostly spouted on the EU boards... So can't speak to that.

An LMO from a long time ago require 3 separate references before he would even consider a costume. Our current LMO however just requires good front/back/sides shots. The X-wing comic Weir is from actually gives us this alone, then the toy is a bonus, and he's brought up in the Complete SWE, so there are 3 sources anyway.

-iz

I dunno, can't remember, but my wife is there next to me, maybe she was pointing at something....:whistling:

Can't say I blame you for ducking outta the shot and looking the other way, I wouldn't want to be photographed with izzi either :yucky::D

Hope Shadow is tracked down and get's his Weir approved, it's an awesome costume :D

As izzi posted before the "3 references rule" IS NOT a rule, that has been established a long time ago and every GML should know that by now.

Anyway, as an EU Character, this costume should be evaluated by Thomas and he was the one who made clear that such rule does not exist.

People still like to spout the "rule of three"... Not so much anymore and usually it's just people who think they know more then they do. At any rate it will be nice to see what happens with this costume.

Personally, I would like to ask Shadow about the belt.

• 1 month later...

So, I hear some people are looking for me? I became a true "shadow" and disappeared for a while. We are "Spec Ops" so we should be hard to find. ;):lol:

After CV life caught up with me a little bit, but all is fine now. I also started a month long project build in October that took me away from the world of Star Wars for a bit. Then Christmas came and then after Christmas came....blah..blah... and the rest is history. But with that said I hope to get Weir back out and get another shot at approval. Again sorry for the long absences, a lot going on and very little time to spread around.

B)

Not to get off topic, but I have heard of the rule of three as well. And I've only been around since August, so it's out there somewhere.

Anyway, awesome looking costume Shadow. Good luck with final approval.

Not to get off topic, but I have heard of the rule of three as well. And I've only been around since August, so it's out there somewhere.

The rule of three was a rule under one LMO years ago. Thomas never used it and clearly stated multiple times. The current LMOs do not require 3 references either. Like Thomas, all they require are clear 360 degree images of the costume being reviewed.

If you hear a GML spouting the rule of three, after this much time has past, might want to ask them to visit the GML forums every now and then.

-iz

The rule of three was a rule under one LMO years ago. Thomas never used it and clearly stated multiple times. The current LMOs do not require 3 references either. Like Thomas, all they require are clear 360 degree images of the costume being reviewed.

If you hear a GML spouting the rule of three, after this much time has past, might want to ask them to visit the GML forums every now and then.

-iz

Seconded. I've been perusing those boards quite a bit (learning), and haven't heard it mentioned once.

I can't remember where I read it. I'm not supporting it, simply saying that even I've heard of it.

Didn't say you were. My comments were directed towards uninformed GMLs. Don't be on the defensive, bro. :)

Weir....

Such a cool bloke. If I find some time between the rest of my projects, I might just knock up some bandoliers. He was my inspiration to do the Storm Commando.

But interestingly, our EU GML still does insist on three independent references. We went through hell and high water to just get a standard Storm Commando considered. I'm sure if you scoured the old Spec Ops boards, you'll see my pleading for reference material.

All water under the bridge though.... but the same battle for the Snow Scout.