Stealth Scout in the works

Sithman

Hello all! TB-7438 here, been serving the Legion for nearly half a decade now as a scout trooper and I have decided to make the "transfer" from the standard pathfinder to the elite of the Empire as a Storm Commando(Aka Stealth Scout)

I have my source for the armor in mind but I'm trying to track down a good vendor for the boots, scout vest and cummerbund.

Looking forward to this build and to getting to know you guys!

-Nick

Hi Nick and welcome to SpecOps! I'm a TB as well and I'm right there with you becoming a Shadow Scout. If your TB gear is in good shape all you will really need is a new bund/pouches and boots. You can use the same vest and flight suit for the TX. For the boots I highly recommend Chrisx909x you can find him in the trade forum on the Pathfinder boards but he may be here too. I'm not sure but I think he makes bunds too so check with him and see. Hope this helps and best of luck with your build!

Thanks everyone! Excited to get started on this kit, I'll post pictures as I progress in the build. Thank you for the tip, Peter! I'll be sure to check him out, good luck with your build too treedodger!

Thanks everyone! Excited to get started on this kit, I'll post pictures as I progress in the build. Thank you for the tip, Peter! I'll be sure to check him out, good luck with your build too treedodger!

I'm working to get my son's magma scout finished and then I'll return to this. Just too much to work on two sets at the same time. I've learned my lesson there😃!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone! Update: Did some fabric shopping this weekend and I picked up most of what I'll need to sew together for the cummberbund. Some heavy duty black duck cloth,my plan is to take the materials to a local seamstress and have her put it together using my standard scout trooper cummberbund as a template. But I have a question, what are the exact dimensions of the pouches themselves that are attached to the cummberbund? They seem a little wider and taller than standard scout pouches, any help answering this would be great!

Thank you everyone! Update: Did some fabric shopping this weekend and I picked up most of what I'll need to sew together for the cummberbund. Some heavy duty black duck cloth,my plan is to take the materials to a local seamstress and have her put it together using my standard scout trooper cummberbund as a template. But I have a question, what are the exact dimensions of the pouches themselves that are attached to the cummberbund? They seem a little wider and taller than standard scout pouches, any help answering this would be great!

We've been having quite the discussion on this over in the Pathfinders. Based on ROTJ grabs and some research done at Celebration they came up with 6x5x2 or thereabouts. The most important thing is how they look on you. Some of the pouches I've seen are just way too large and they look like cereal boxes. I would recommend to take some cardboard or card stock and make some mock ups and see how they look on you. You want the pouches to fill the space between the belt and the bottom of the chest armor. Here is a link (http://docdro.id/BqgX7R6) to a pouch template created by Contantin (Strider) of the German Garrison. He's a Pathfinder armourer and a very talented builder. These can be used as a basis for your pouches. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

When I do pouches, I try to make them proportional to the wearer and it's armor. As you said, there are too many scouts with pouches which are far too big for them.

• Like 1

Alright, my plan will be to assemble the standard scout armor I just acquired( I'm ordering my black armor from the same vendor) so I can use that as a scaled reference to figure out the proportion sizes for the pouches. Appreciate the info guys! I'm ordering the appropriate gloves today

Alright, my plan will be to assemble the standard scout armor I just acquired( I'm ordering my black armor from the same vendor) so I can use that as a scaled reference to figure out the proportion sizes for the pouches. Appreciate the info guys! I'm ordering the appropriate gloves today

For your gloves if you are going with Wampa Wear make sure you order a size up. They run small.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm still here! I've been waiting for a refund from a company i ordered armor from TWO YEARS AGO and they failed to deliver. If I don't have the refund by the end of the week I may just have to bite the bullet and buy the shadow kit regardless.