850 armor works death trooper.

Hello all, I've been thinking about making a death trooper for a while now, but want to avoid fiberglass/ resin cast armor.

I have a fiberglass shore trooper kit that looks great but due to the fact that I'm sort of old and slightly broken if difficult for me to wear it for long periods of time.

850 armor works offers an abs plastic kit for a reasonable price, and was wondering if anyone had experience with it and could recommend it.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an 850 armor kit and it's not bad if you're looking for a starter kit but the details are soft and pulls are not very defined. I've replaced a couple of parts and will be modding others to try and replicate some of the details seen on the screen-used armor.

I have Jim's kit and to be honest I'm old as well, but the new material that he is using is much lighter and more flexible than the older fiberglass kits. I would try and find someone close to you that has one of Jim's DT kit. If you like I can pile all mine on a scale and weight it for you.

I have an 850 armor kit and it's not bad if you're looking for a starter kit but the details are soft and pulls are not very defined. I've replaced a couple of parts and will be modding others to try and replicate some of the details seen on the screen-used armor.

This is spot on. My only complaint is the soft details, which happens with a lot of vac formed stuff. I'm kind of having fun modding it though. For example, I cut out the boxes on the back and made new inserts to sharpen those details. The line on the left thigh I cut with a Dremel and backed it with plastic to make it more defined. Stuff like that.

• Like 1

I should also note that the nice thing about the kit is that its all there. The shoulder straps, the buckles, the range finder (?) on the helmet, etc. Everything but the soft parts.

• 1 month later...