Question About the Ab plate

Hello 501st ! I'm a new here at this forum. i have a question to ask if you dont mind guys. :)

Ok, here is the question can it be the Shadow trooper ab plate has 6 Gray Circles and 3 blue circles? like the TK ab plate.

Here is the picture:

tx.jpg

Thank you very much for answering back! :)

Have a look at the control pics (post at the top of this area) for information about standards.

here

QUOTE:

* AB PLATE: May have a fixed or hinged cod for added mobility. Cut cannot be visible from the front.The ab plate also has a button area. All 9 buttons are approximately 7/16" in diameter and gloss black in color

CRL-Abs.jpg

Button example:

CRL-Buttons.jpg

If you want to paint the buttons you should be able to detach them or if not a delicate bit of primer and then painting with high gloss model paint should do the trick.

Hello 501st ! I'm a new here at this forum. i have a question to ask if you dont mind guys. :)

Ok, here is the question can it be the Shadow trooper ab plate has 6 Gray Circles and 3 blue circles? like the TK ab plate.

Here is the picture:

tx.jpg

Thank you very much for answering back! :)

This picture looks like it came from Stormtrooper-costume.com or Jedi-robe.com. If this is true, stay far far away! That dude/sites is a huge scam & way over priced! :yucky: You can get yourself a real quality kit, from a quality source, who wont attempt to burn you along the way for much, much less.

Armor isn't one size fits all like the website tries to sell it. The best looking suits are the ones that have been custom tailored to the individual wearer, or in other words taking a raw kit & customizing (sanding, cutting, trimming) it to your unique body shape.

And for the insane prices he charges, I was able to put together a complete suit, with all the extras (helmet, blaster, shoes, etc) & still had extra money to start a second suit, for less that what I was being quoted. And that was before the insane exchange rates & shipping charges.

There is a very nice suit offered in black here on the boards, also it might be a good idea to pop over to the FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment) boards to brush up on the different suits that are out there, how they stack up against one another & finally who offers suits in black, or find a nice TK & just paint it...

Hope this helps, & please make sure you ask plenty of questions & do lots a research before parting with your hard earned money.

Here is the picture:

To use the magic 8-ball line: Our sources say no.

There is some debate about silver ab buttons, but we do not have a solid reference for them. Until we find LFL approved artwork for anything else, stick to black.

-iz

To use the magic 8-ball line: Our sources say no.

There is some debate about silver ab buttons, but we do not have a solid reference for them. Until we find LFL approved artwork for anything else, stick to black.

-iz

Ok, I understand but yesterday i surf at the 501st costume gallery at the TX i saw 1 member(TX 7042) has same ab plate has a 6 gray parts and 3 blue circle.

Ok, I understand but yesterday i surf at the 501st costume gallery at the TX i saw 1 member(TX 7042) has same ab plate has a 6 gray parts and 3 blue circle.

This is why they say not to use other costumes as a reference for your own. The GMLs are supposed to run all EU costumes by the LMO before approving them, but sometimes that step is skipped and things slip through... That's all GML/LMO business though. Our job here is to make sure you get it right the first time. :)

-iz

This picture looks like it came from Stormtrooper-costume.com or Jedi-robe.com. If this is true, stay far far away! That dude/sites is a huge scam & way over priced! :yucky: You can get yourself a real quality kit, from a quality source, who wont attempt to burn you along the way for much, much less.

Armor isn't one size fits all like the website tries to sell it. The best looking suits are the ones that have been custom tailored to the individual wearer, or in other words taking a raw kit & customizing (sanding, cutting, trimming) it to your unique body shape.

And for the insane prices he charges, I was able to put together a complete suit, with all the extras (helmet, blaster, shoes, etc) & still had extra money to start a second suit, for less that what I was being quoted. And that was before the insane exchange rates & shipping charges.

There is a very nice suit offered in black here on the boards, also it might be a good idea to pop over to the FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment) boards to brush up on the different suits that are out there, how they stack up against one another & finally who offers suits in black, or find a nice TK & just paint it...

Hope this helps, & please make sure you ask plenty of questions & do lots a research before parting with your hard earned money.

you got me there sir, indeed its from Stormtrooper-costume.com. So you mean you bought at that store? with the insane price. and also is the stormtrooper-costume.com is an accurate suits? (except for the ab plate that is can it be costomize by using paint)

This is why they say not to use other costumes as a reference for your own. The GMLs are supposed to run all EU costumes by the LMO before approving them, but sometimes that step is skipped and things slip through... That's all GML/LMO business though. Our job here is to make sure you get it right the first time. :)

-iz

i see, Mr. iz for example i bought that costume can it be done for modification? etc etc?

i see, Mr. iz for example i bought that costume can it be done for modification? etc etc?

If you decided to buy the armor, you could probably modify it to meet 501st standards. By painting the ab buttons black, etc. I know nothing about this seller, so I cannot vouch for the quality of his items though.

-iz

If you decided to buy the armor, you could probably modify it to meet 501st standards. By painting the ab buttons black, etc. I know nothing about this seller, so I cannot vouch for the quality of his items though.

-iz

i see, what kind of painting? can it be a Spray paint? for the seller I'm thinking about it. there is one seller that is making original. is Sir. Andrew Ainsworth (Shepperton Studios ) the one who make the original Storm trooper from Ep IV ANH. he produce now the shadow trooper but there Ab plate is not black but is 6 gray and 3 blue circles.

I agree with Izzi on this. Unless there is documented LFL sourcing for the two color buttons, keep 'em black. Easy enough to repaint with black enamel paint that modellers use for kit cars so you'll get approved.

yes sir, i will make it black then thank you for the advice or tips. :)

An easy way to paint them is to push the buttons into a piece of cardboard and paint them. If you use a spray paint (look for a gloss black) then you can get an even coating and not have any brush lines on them. ;)

An easy way to paint them is to push the buttons into a piece of cardboard and paint them. If you use a spray paint (look for a gloss black) then you can get an even coating and not have any brush lines on them. ;)

i see, i have to check at the hardware here if they have a spray paint has gloss black. :)