Hello all! Shadow scout prospect here

Hello everyone names James, I live and Colorado, and I've recently taken the wonderful plunge of starting my shadow scout kit, already have armor on the way, bought from walts trooper factory if anyone's heard of him, already got the holdout blaster and cummerbund, and fulfilling a life long dream of joining the 501st!! Hope to see you all around here more, any suggestions on what direction to take next?

Welcome to Spec Ops James!! WTF kits are very nice! You should be pleased. Assuming you just ordered Walt probably gave you 6-8 week estimate? Definitely start getting build supplies together while you wait. That way when your BBB arrives you will be ready to start building. I'm slowly gathering my stuff for two builds that I've ordered. Looks like you already started on soft goods which is good. Looking forward to seeing your build :thumbsup: and if you have any other questions theirs lots of very experienced folks here that can help you. :NovaTrooper:

Welcome to SpecOps James! Wodaz started you off with some great advice that this is a perfect time to start getting your build supplies together. A short list of some of the items you'll want to source are: lexan scissors (trim plastic), 220 grit sandpaper, rivet tool, E6000 or Locktight plastic epoxy, adhesive Velcro (black, You can just get 2" and trim it as needed). You'll also need elastic for your webbing I'm nit sure what Walt includes in his kit so check before you purchase a bunch as it may come with it. This is just a short list that should help get you started.

I have a Walts kit for my son and it's pretty nice just be prepared to do A LOT of trimming and sanding😀! You might want to obtain a large pair of lexan scissors or a pair of metal snips. I used snips to trim all the big stuff off and used the scissors for the detail work. I would also suggest that you sign up for your local Garrison (Mountain Garrison) in CO. You be able to meet local folks and they may even host armor parties where you can work on your armor together and share tools.

If you need gloves check out Wampa Wear. Their gloves are excellent and they are located in your neighborhood. If you do go with them go one size up from what you need as they tend to run small.

I hope this helps you some. Stay frosty and that BBB will be there before you know it. Any questions please let us know we want you to be successful!

Welcome to Spec Ops James!! WTF kits are very nice! You should be pleased. Assuming you just ordered Walt probably gave you 6-8 week estimate? Definitely start getting build supplies together while you wait. That way when your BBB arrives you will be ready to start building. I'm slowly gathering my stuff for two builds that I've ordered. Looks like you already started on soft goods which is good. Looking forward to seeing your build :thumbsup: and if you have any other questions theirs lots of very experienced folks here that can help you. :NovaTrooper:

Awesome To hear! That's what hear a lot about Walt! Yeah right on the nose! Haha how'd you know the wait time?? And very cool what are your two builds? Yeah I've already begun the gathering process haha I got a super deal from a guy and already have the blaster and cummerbund on their way for 140$! Next is the flight suit haha any ideas where to go for that? Tha ks a ton!

• Like 1