Mobility

I did a troop with the outpost today. Things held up but I had some mobility issues. I waddled more than I walked. I didn't have any armor bite, just the walking issue.

Also, due to how my chest and back sit, and my unconscious habit of wanting to look down the bucket would tip up a bit. Any tips on this? cecc848a9b99fb0d84bbebcd3fca679b.jpgb8ba65d9d26379bebfdee42f911ef3ec.jpg93fe40a013bf70a40d99c5edd122ecaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

By the way i just have to say that i Love Old Cars and I Love your Pics!!! Especially the one of you peeking from behind Vader!!! Hahaha! Love it!

How tall are you btw? Im 6.1" and using Walts Kit too,, i found that i had to cut a small radius on the lower back quads to allow leg movement. You should be able to walk up stairs with no issues.

Also it looks like your Calves road up a bit so were you hitting the shins while walking?

I saw TK11157 make this post and i was going to try it out myself: http://www.whitearmo...shins-in-place/

For the Bucket tipping, i saw you have plenty of padding but maybe a chin strap is needed?

Just my thoughts.

Andy

• Like 1

Thanks, I will take a look at a strap for the shins. It was only my left one that wanted to move. I am 5-9 and the parts fit pretty well. I had trimmed the top of thighs return edge enough to get them above the knee cap. It's just that the back of knee couldn't bend. I thought of a chin strap but couldn't visualize on how to rig it. Would industrial velcro on the inside of shin and attached to undersuit in that area work?

Thanks

By the way i just have to say that i Love Old Cars and I Love your Pics!!! Especially the one of you peeking from behind Vader!!! Hahaha! Love it!

How tall are you btw? Im 6.1" and using Walts Kit too,, i found that i had to cut a small radius on the lower back quads to allow leg movement. You should be able to walk up stairs with no issues.

Also it looks like your Calves road up a bit so were you hitting the shins while walking?

I saw TK11157 make this post and i was going to try it out myself: http://www.whitearmo...shins-in-place/

For the Bucket tipping, i saw you have plenty of padding but maybe a chin strap is needed?

Just my thoughts.

Andy

I just looked at that thread and I think that will stop the moving for mine. Gonna work on making that. Thanks

The only issue with Velcro on the undersuit is if you have foot straps on your undersuit...otherwise it will just force the undersuit to rise up

No straps on under suit. I'm gonna ask someone to make the stirrups from the FISD thread for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Did you get this issue fixed? I use the same stirrup system on my Shadow and now with my DT shins as well. Ingenious idea.

• 1 month later...
Did you get this issue fixed? I use the same stirrup system on my Shadow and now with my DT shins as well. Ingenious idea.

Sorry on delay. The stirrups are working well. I still have some minor shifting on left. It's mainly due to sniper plate hitting the thigh. One of our TK's has been giving me some tips on things. Wednesday is big troop at state fair. All my latest mods will get put to test there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and typed on a tiny keyboard